Translate

Sunday 7 January 2024

January WIPocalypse Introduction

    WIPocalypse

WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings


Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World. Measi always gives us a topic to discuss too.


January - Introduce yourself, your projects, and any goals you have for the year


Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "24 in '24" for this year.  For 2024 I have done something completely different to previous years!  Having focused on larger projects over the past couple of years I realised I had a lot of smaller designs I really wanted to stitch which somehow didn't fit into the rotation.  So I went through my stash and picked out all the ones I really wanted to stitch sooner rather than later, organised them into size order and put the 12 smallest on the list followed by 12 medium projects.  The only two that have been started already are the Joan Elliott Faces and CGS Year in the Woods.

This is the full list of 24:

  1. Sweetheart Tree - September Strawflowers
  2. Shepherd's Bush - Halloween Trifles
  3. Rainbow Hunter - Alice Bottles
  4. Drawn Thread - Spot of Summer
  5. Drawn Thread - Spot of Winter
  6. Lizzie*Kate - Sampling Christmas
  7. Shannon Christine - 12 Days of Christmas
  8. La Broderie - Quiet Hour Sampler
  9. Shepherd's Bush - Amaranth
  10. Full Circle Designs - Moonshadow Mini
  11. Hands on Designs - Nevermore
  12. Living on the Rainbow - Haunted House
  13. Joan Elliott - Faces SAL
  14. Stitchy Princess - Alice in Wonderland
  15. Life in Stitch - Aslan
  16. Tra La La - Couer de Sorciere
  17. Cottage Garden Samplings - 12 Days of Christmas
  18. Nora Corbett - Claire
  19. Nora Corbett - Capricorn
  20. Maria Bravko - Life in the Shire
  21. Cottage Garden Samplings - Year in the Woods
  22. Primitive Hare - Hocus Pocus Cabinet
  23. Cricket Collection - Spring
  24. Cottage Garden Samplings - Halloween Sampler 

I am also taking part in WIPGO again.  This is a FB Bingo group.  You choose 25 goals for the year and each month the Admin pick two numbers to focus on.  When you have met your goal, you tick off that block.  You can give yourself rewards for completing a row or a column.

Here's my WIPGO board:


You can see I haven't added the names of any projects yet.  The plan is to look at my list when the numbers are called and decide which will be a Small and which will be a Medium.

For January the numbers 9 and 22 have been called.  By coincidence, they both represent the same two projects so that was nice and easy.  Year in the Woods will be my daytime project and Amaranth will be my smaller evening project.  Note - the board numbers and the project numbers don't sync after 13 because that is a free square on the WIPGO Board.

I am hoping that most of these can be completed in less than a month but if not, then I can pick them up if I finish a project early.  We shall see how the year pans out.

stitched over 1 on 25 count Cirrus evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy

stitched on 32 count Antique White linen

I also stitched the first six leaves for my Temperature SAL.  This is the Tree of Life from Steady Thread:

stitched on 28 count Meadow Mist Cashel Linen from Silkweavers

Not sure about the lime leaf and whether I need to pick a darker lime green



The WIPocalypse posts are the last Sunday of each month


My other SALs are

Fully Finished Gallery - post anything fully finished on the 10th of each month
Gifted Gorgeousness - post anything gifted on the 15th
Smalls SAL - last Friday of each month

The TUSAL - post on the New Moon each month


Finally, I will be continuing with the ever popular Blog Hops this year. We will have Valentine's, Easter,  Hallowe'en and the Advent Calendar.  All at the appropriate time of the year.  I will be posting about the Secret Stitching Sweethearts for Valentine's Day very soon so watch this space.



8 comments:

butterfly said...

Looks like you are all sorted for 2024 .
So far I have not sorted out what I want to stitch but I think I will work on a few large and many smalls. So when I have sometime I need to try and get the door open again and pull out a few kits , have a wonderful 2024 hugs June.

Katie said...

I look forward to cheering you along the way. Good luck!!

Sandy said...

You sound very organized with your projects, and the bingo game should add an element of fun to it all. Love the fox and the trees. Good luck with all your projects, look forward to seeing your pictures as things move along.
Sandy's Space

jocondine said...

Wonderful plans! The fox has already an amazing look! I'm ready for the Blog Hops of course, four special events I love to be part of and visit friends with! Bonne année 2024 ! xxx

Rachel said...

Good luck with your 24. Having almost 24 charts by 24 different designers, you and your readers have a lot of variety to look forward to.
I must say Mr Fox looks very handsome in that pose, a sort of debonair Lesley Phillips!

Carol said...

Your plans for 2024 look great, Jo! You are so organized :) I only have one goal and that is to stitch 12 ornaments this year. I tend to be a monogamous stitcher and stitch what calls to me the loudest--ha ha! Looking forward to your 2024 stitching and especially the finish of that handsome fox. Happy New Year ♥

Leonore Winterer said...

That's an interesting way to set up your WIPGO for the year, and I'm looking forward to seeing all your different projects! Some very fun ones appear on that list. Hopefully you will be getting lots of finishes as well!

Astrids dragon said...

I am always amazed at how organized you are, very impressive. I'm all over the place... squirrel!
There will be so many pieces to look forward to seeing that you'll be working on.