Translate

Thursday 11 January 2024

January TUSAL

   

It's TUSAL time!  

Here is my TUSAL jar with my current projects:


On the left we have The Fox from The Year in the Woods by Cottage Garden Samplings and on the right is Amaranth from Shepherd's Bush.

The Fox is almost done, I am adding some blending filament to the snowflakes to give them a little sparkle.


I think you can see them in this photo?  The issue is partly that the fabric is very light and partly that I am stitching over one.  Even on a darker fabric single stitches over one don't show up as well as solid areas.

I also changed the colour of the green trees from 524 to 522 which shows up much better.


Finally, I will be running the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop on Valentine's Day.


Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop

It's really very simple, all you have to do is email me a picture of something you have stitched which is suitable for a stitching friend on Valentine's Day.  It could be a heart, or a pair of cute creatures, or the word "love" or anything which warms your heart.  Really anything you think a fellow stitcher would like to receive in her email Inbox.  It can be something you've stitched in the past or something you've made especially for this year.  It could also be quilted or sewn this year as I know some of my followers do other crafts too.

Send me the email by 10th February.

When I have all the emails I will randomise them and send one to each participant on 13th February. Then on 14th February you must post the picture you receive onto your blog under the heading

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop

There will be a list on my blog of everyone joining in, so check out all the blogs and find out who got your picture and identify yourself in their comments as their

Secret Stitching Sweetheart

Does that make sense to everyone? I hope so!

8 comments:

Sandy said...

Great idea on the snow. You're making great headway with your cute fox. I've been enjoying seeing this project come along. Keep stitching and stay warm.
Sandy's Space

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I have mixed fortunes when stitching over one. The blending filament showed up in your photo. It's a good idea.
Please include me in the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.

Shelly said...

Yes, I can see the sparkle in the snowflakes. That's very pretty. I'd like to stitch the pirate snowman by that designer. I'll do the sweetheart blog hop! Can't wait!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your fox is lovely, quite tricky to do snow but it looks great.

Akila said...

Lovely idea for the snow, lovely touch. The fox looks real cute

Leonore Winterer said...

The fox is looking so good! I love the subtle sparkle.

Beth in IL said...

Add me to the list! Gives me an excuse to stitch something for Valentine's Day!

Katie said...

Beautiful work on both pieces!