Translate

Friday 26 January 2024

January Smalls

 

The Smalls SAL is now hosted by Rachel


Thank you to Mary for all the years of hosting the Smalls SAL and a Thank you to Rachel, the Ten Hour Stitcher for picking up the hoop and continuing with hosting it.

For my Smalls stitching this year, I have chosen 12 smaller designs and numbered them for my WIPGO Board.  Each month one Small will be stitched in the evening timeslot and hopefully finished within the month.

The first number up was Shepherd's Bush Amaranth.  I've been stitching this series over the years and would love to have the whole set done. 


stitched on 32 count Antique White linen

These are simple band samplers with a plant theme.
There are several rows of different speciality stitches in muted colours using a mixture of DMC cotton and Perle


This one has some cutwork and interlacing which is tricky but very pretty


Amaranth is a herbaceous plant or shrub with seeds that can be used as a grain, similar to quinoa.

I shall be getting this one framed in time for Rachel's other SAL - The FFO Gallery.

Next month's call from WIPGO is a set of Alice in Wonderland Bottles from Rainbow Hunt X-Stitch on Etsy:


I can get a couple of these done in 29 days, so come back next month to find out how I got on.


Finally, I will be running the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop on Valentine's Day.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop

It's really very simple, all you have to do is email me a picture of something you have stitched which is suitable for a stitching friend on Valentine's Day. It could be a heart, or a pair of cute creatures, or the word "love" or anything which warms your heart. Really anything you think a fellow stitcher would like to receive in her email Inbox. It can be something you've stitched in the past or something you've made especially for this year. It could also be quilted or sewn this year as I know some of my followers do other crafts too.

Send me the email by 10th February.

When I have all the emails I will randomise them and send one to each participant on 13th February. Then on 14th February you must post the picture you receive onto your blog under the heading

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop

There will be a list on my blog of everyone joining in, so check out all the blogs and find out who got your picture and identify yourself in their comments as their

Secret Stitching Sweetheart


Does that make sense to everyone? I hope so!

If you'd like to be involved then leave a comment on this post or send me an email if you are "no-reply". I'll be putting little reminders up from time to time and will email on 9th February to make sure you send the pic in time.

8 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your Smalls pieces are lovely, it will be nice to watch them grow. I'm in for the Blog Hop, always great fun.

Pamela said...

Amaranth is gorgeous!

Carol said...

Love your latest finish, Jo! The cutwork would be too much for me and my old eyes, I'm afraid, but it certainly is beautiful. The bottles look like fun, too--such creative little designs. Enjoy! ♥

Shelly said...

Yep, I'm all ready for the Sweetheart hop, just need to send you a picture 👍🏼 wow, cutwork! Amaranth is beautiful. I admire anyone who can do that! Looking forward to your start on the Alice bottles.

Astrids dragon said...

Your Amaranth looks so pretty and delicate.
Those bottles look like they'll be fun to stitch, enjoy them!

Leonore Winterer said...

Amaranth is so sweet, I love the soft colours! Great work on the cutwork too, I am impressed.

Katie said...

Lovely small. Sometimes specialty stitches are just so much fun to learn and try. The next set is adorable. How fun.

Rachel said...

Thank you for your Smalls SAL entry. Amaranth is really delicate.
I look forward to seeing one of the bottles next month. It must be a couple of years since you have had an Alice WIP?