Translate

Monday 15 January 2024

Gifted Gorgeousness January Link-up Post

 


Our new logo for the year is Just Nan's Special Delivery.  The chart with the fabric and the gold envelope was a gift to me.

Please remember to change your badge and the link to the new page as the old link no longer works.  Don't forget to link up on the main sign-up page with your blog address.



Welcome to the January Gifted Gorgeousness link-up. The link-up date continues to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.

The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.


Special Delivery was my evening stitch at the end of last year and is now fully-finished and on display.



My main focus piece for the month does not have a gifted element at all so you will have to wait a little while to see that one!


However my evening stitch was a gifted chart.  Several years ago I stitched a set of the Shepherd's Bush mini speciality samplers.  A few bloggers reached out and said they had more of the charts they were happy to send me.  I've been slowly stitching them since then,

Here is Amaranth:

stitched on 28 count Antique White linen


This one was a gift from the designer.  When she showed us the design I was the first person to correctly guess it would be a Temperature SAL.  So she sent me a free copy of the chart.

I was organised enough to stitch most of the design last year so I could start on the leaves immediately.

Steady Thread - Tree of Life Temperature SAL

stitched on 28 count Meadow Mist linen from Silkweavers

The first 13 days of the year:


I record the temperature each day and then stitch the leaves on the Sunday morning.


Now it is your turn to show us your Gifted Gorgeousness for the month.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "January Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.  And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

*

*

Finally, I will be running the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop on Valentine's Day.


Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop

It's really very simple, all you have to do is email me a picture of something you have stitched which is suitable for a stitching friend on Valentine's Day. It could be a heart, or a pair of cute creatures, or the word "love" or anything which warms your heart. Really anything you think a fellow stitcher would like to receive in her email Inbox. It can be something you've stitched in the past or something you've made especially for this year. It could also be quilted or sewn this year as I know some of my followers do other crafts too.

Send me the email by 10th February.

When I have all the emails I will randomise them and send one to each participant on 13th February. Then on 14th February you must post the picture you receive onto your blog under the heading

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop

There will be a list on my blog of everyone joining in, so check out all the blogs and find out who got your picture and identify yourself in their comments as their

Secret Stitching Sweetheart


Does that make sense to everyone? I hope so!

If you'd like to be involved then leave a comment on this post or send me an email if you are "no-reply". I'll be putting little reminders up from time to time and will email on 9th February to make sure you send the pic in time.

8 comments:

Katie said...

Beautiful work. The temperature tree is just adorable.

jocondine said...

The tree looks already great and as 2024 is a leap year only 351 leaves to stitch! "FIP" foliage in progress? Great project! My GG post is ready! Now I have to think about what to show for the Valentine Blog Hop! xxx

Rachel said...

It'll be lovely watching the tree come to life as the year progresses. You must be pleased you got a good portion of the tree and border stitched last year.

Clare-Aimetu said...

The new logo is perfect Jo thank you. I love the temperature tree, it will be lovely to watch it grow.

I couldn't see the link up so posting the link to my blog here.
https://aimetu-clare.blogspot.com/2024/01/gifted-gorgeousness-january-2024.html

butterfly said...

Wonderful post love the tree , hugs June.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

You can't go far wrong with a Just Nan design Jo but I would say that :)
I look forward to seeing the leaves appear on your temperature tree throughout the year. The few days you've added already make it 'come to life'.

Carol said...

What an interesting temperature sampler! That will be so pretty when you're all done at the end of the year. Hope you have a relaxing, stitch-filled weekend, Jo! ♥

Leonore Winterer said...

I'm super happy to continue this SAL for another year, and think I'll have many gifts to show this year as well! Your temperature sampler will look gorgeous once all the leaves are in, a really cool design.