Translate

Saturday 7 October 2023

The People Chose Weather

  


This SAL is all about what you want to see on the blog.  I asked for suggestions for themes from followers of my blog and then put them up to the members of the IHSW Group on FB to vote for their choice.  We are currently working our way through the choices.  This is what was chosen:

October - Weather
November - Circles
December - Chocolate

Sunshine and storms; rainy days and rainbows; fog, mist and drizzle; snow and sleet.  What's your favourite weather?


Pretty Little London by Satsuma Street has a lovely rain cloud (of course!) and I added some beads for raindrops and some metallic outlines because "Every cloud has a silver lining".

Way back in 1996 I stitched a series of Suns and Moons to co-ordinate with my bedroom at the time.  Here are the sunshines:


 



The original charts came from a library book, which went back without me noting the designer's name.

Snow is probably the weather most of us have stitched and here's a lovely one from The Little Stitcher and her 12 Days of Christmas.  This is "The Day of Snow and Ice":



The final one to share, is a Temperature SAL, which doesn't exactly monitor the weather because I'm not tracking the frequent rain showers we have here!  It does have a bead for each snow day and red for the heatwave.



Now it's over to you. All you have to do is make a post on the theme of Weather, mention The People's Choice SAL (you can copy the picture I used at the top of this post and in my side bar) and my blog.  Please link up using the URL of the actual blog post, not the home page of your blog. I look forward to seeing what you all post.

*

*


Finally, I need your suggestions for the next poll.  Anything, no matter how obscure, weird or random will go into the poll.  Keep the theme suggestions to a single word or two - so you could have Cats, or Green, or Holidays, or Warmth etc.   Really anything which could be illustrated in cross stitch.

8 comments:

Pamela said...

You have a nice collection of weather stitching. I really like the little snow girl.

jocondine said...

I'm so impressed with all these temperature SALs on blogs in so many different stitchings and people recording weather. Maybe it's because of the idea of life creating the pattern like in years of stitches. Love the one you chose. xxx

butterfly said...

Great post on weather stitching .
Have a fab Sunday , hugs June.

Sandy said...

I love sunny summer days. Not a fan of rain, or fog. And really dislike everything associated with winter...the ice, the snow, the temps, the cloudy days, how soon it get's dark in the afternoon. LOVE your cross stitch suns. Very nice.
Sandy's Space

Katie said...

I love a stormy day or a snowy day. I've definitely stitched a bit of snow. I did a bird pillow with raindrops on it. Love it too.

Vickie said...

I love sunshine. I have stitched plenty of snow. I look forward to seeing you stitch chocolate in December. :)

Carol said...

Your weather themed stitching is so cute, Jo! I, too, have done mostly snow-themed stitching. I guess that's because I have more time to stitch in the winter? That little ice skater is adorable! ♥

Leonore Winterer said...

That's a fun one this month, didn't we'd all find this much to fit the prompt!