Translate

Monday 23 October 2023

October IHSW

 


IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.


My first project was my spooky conversion of CCN's Main Street.  I've been working on the final part which was the Gazebo.  I converted this into a blackwork lych gate with some lovely plants on either side.

stitched on 32 count Charcoal Slate Murano from Sparklies

This is now a finished project so I'll take lots of photos and share all the details soon.  The plants came from the current Stitchonomy SAL although I grew them a little bit myself!


Then I got quite a bit done on the Zodiac signs from Circle Cross, finishing Libra:

stitched on 28 count sky blue evenweave from Silkweavers

Isn't she majestic?


My evening project has been the Mani di Donna Halloween Sewing Basket, which is now finished as far as stitching goes.  I just need to make it up!


Of course after I took the photo I immediately spotted the missing black tombstone on the bottom left piece.  So that has now gone in.


My evenings then moved on to one of the smalls from my Just Nan-athon.  I had 3 spooky smalls in there and thought it would be nice to actually finish them.  So here's Batty Jack almost complete:

stitched on 28 count lilac linen

Finally, the next IHSW will be 17th - 19th November so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook. If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here by leaving a comment on my post.





9 comments:

diamondc said...

Jo: So many works in progress, so much progress on your stitching I love the Libra design.
The Gazebo is beautiful.

Catherine

Margaret said...

My oh my you have been busy. And in time for Halloween too!
I love your update and look forward to photos of the finished articles.

Carol said...

Wow! So many finishes this week, Jo! The sewing basket looks like it will be so cool--love all the cute motifs. The Libra finish is so intricate--I know I couldn't have handled all those backstitches in the flowers--yikes! Great job on creating the blackwork gate, too, and growing such interesting plants :) Have a good week ♥

Rachel said...

Congrats on your almost-four finishes over just the one weekend; that's not bad going! Thank goodness you spotted the missing tombstone before making the basket up. How annoying would that have been if you hadn't!

jocondine said...

I was waiting for an open gazebo to play some mournful music (confounding gazebo with bandstand) so what is happening behind those wonderful wrought iron gates? Nice flowers I wouldnot fly nearby if I was a bee! xxx

butterfly said...

You have been busy Jo.
Wonderful stitching , loved the first one .
Enjoy a lovely day hugs June.

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, you've got a lot done - I guess it's the time of year when we finally reach some of our yearly goals and shorten that WIP list, huh? Love your spooky conversion and can't wait to see the full pictures - the gate-zebo look great and the carnivorous plants are so cute!

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything. Love the blackwork gazebo. Hubby has a nerd weekend that weekend in November so I should get lots of stitching time. Wohoo.

Astrids dragon said...

What a great gate, and those plants are certainly "lovely"!
Nice finishes, I can't wait to see the sewing basket come together.