Translate

Sunday 15 October 2023

Gifted Gorgeousness October Link-up Post

         

Welcome to the October Gifted Gorgeousness link-up. The link-up date continues to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.

The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.

For September, my focus was Fairy Idyll from Mirabilia.  Here's where she finished the month:

  
stitched on 32 count Vinyard Murano from Crafty Kitten

Then we moved into Dark October with my Spooky Conversion of CCN's Main Street.  The final shop was the Art Gallery which now sells Tarot Cards and has a crystal ball on it's sign as predicted by Jocondine.

stitched on 32 count Charcoal Slate Murano from Sparklies


Only the Gazebo to go now which is going to be a blackwork lych gate.


I am continuing with my Dark 13 project which is Mani di Donna's Halloween Sewing Basket.  This has moved into the evening slot.  I've almost finished the second side then it will be FFO tine.

stitched on 32 count grey linen


I made some more progress on the Zodiac Signs from Circle Cross' Tarot design.  I finished Leo and Virgo and started Libra: 

stitched on 28 count sky blue evenweave from Silkweavers


Turn, Turn, Turn from Noteworthy Needle was my evening project in September:

stitched on 32 count Sea Spray linen from Wichelt

And now, a little gift to me from a dear friend - I wonder if you can guess from the clues in the pictures?


There's a poster on the corkboard as well as my birth date:


A lovely plant in a macrame pot holder:


The magazine rack holds some stitching magazines and a special folder:


So much detail, even inside the magazines!


The letters in the rack spell out a message of L O V E too:


and some postcards and extra little treats for me!



Did you guess?  It was our dear crafting enthusiast Jocondine!  Thank you my sweet friend!


Now it is your turn to show us your Gifted Gorgeousness for the month.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "October Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.  And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

*

*

Finally, it's Dark October so time to think about my annual Trick or Treat Blog Hop! I am sure you all know how it works but for those who need a reminder - here's a link to last year's:


If you want to take part, just leave a comment here or email me if you are a "no reply" person. I need an email address for you to take part in this hop.






9 comments:

DJ said...

What lovely pieces you are working on, but I will say my favorite is the Mirabilia pattern. It looks more intricate and beautiful each time I see it! Your Halloween pieces are so creative, especially the changes you have made for yourself. Libra is my sign...so I'm anxious to see how it will look finished! Thanks again for hosting GG. Happy Stitching!

jocondine said...

Such a great idea this shop selling tarots, maybe they sell the Zodiac tarot cards! Glad you like the birthday card, the idea came with your "what's on my shelves" post. xxx

Akila said...

Love all your WIPs, very beautiful pieces. What a beautiful gift and how talented

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything.
Wow the gift is just adorable. Perfect for you.

Vickie said...

My goodness, what a lovely gift Jocondine gave you!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Beautiful work on your wips. Your gift from Jocodine is amazing.

Beth in IL said...

You are always so prolific. I love your Halloween box.

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, I knew it was going to be tarot! Looks great. And what a lovely gift you got, you hit all the buttons this month!

Astrids dragon said...

I love your Tarot shop, it looks great!
Wow, it looks like you're done, or close to being done, with TTT.
I immediately thought of Jocondine when you showed your gift, it's adorable! I love how it's personalized just for you!