Translate

Tuesday 10 October 2023

Finally Fully Finished Fun for October

      

Hosted by Rachel the Ten Hour Stitcher


This SAL is designed to motivate us all to do something with that box of Finished pieces instead of just storing them under the bed.  We will all be linking up on Rachel's blog on or after the 10th of each month (10 Hour Stitcher - 10th of the month).

Unfortunately I don't have anything to show this month but as Rachel has made the effort to make a post this month, so have I!  I'll just link back to my September FFO instead.

I have been stitching for Dark October and have made good progress on the final shop for my CCN Main Street Spooky Conversion.

This one was the Art Gallery and will now be...  any guesses?  It is Art-related, something beautiful that a witch or fortune teller may own.

stitched on 32 count Charcoal Slate Murano from Sparklies

Once I have stitched this shop I will move to the centre of the bottom row and add the adaptation of the Gazebo.  This will be a blackwork Gate, maybe a Lych Gate, of some sort.

My evening project has been the Halloween Sewing Basket by Mani di Donna.  This has been my Dark 13th project all year so I thought it would be nice to get it completed and made up this month.

I've got the yellow and white to add then then a little bit of black and then I can start the task of sewing it all together.

stitched on 32 count grey linen


Finally, it's Dark October so time to think about my annual Trick or Treat Blog Hop! I am sure you all know how it works but for those who need a reminder - here's a link to last year's:


If you want to take part, just leave a comment here or email me if you are a "no reply" person. I need an email address for you to take part in this hop.




9 comments:

diamondc said...

Hi Jo: You always post such sweet designs, you have made great progress on the house, I like the Mani Di Donna design, I am looking forward top seeing it constructed.

Happy October
Catherine

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything. Please sign me up for the blog hop. I will enjoy participating again.

butterfly said...

Love your work , have a great week hugs June.

Carol said...

Hmmm... no idea what shop that will be, but I look forward to watching it grow. Your Halloween stitching is adorable and I know you'll do a great job on constructing the basket, Jo! Enjoy your day ♥

Shelly said...

I'm guessing the last store will be a cauldron! Wow, I can't wait to see what kind of Gate you'll stitch. That'll be a nice spooky touch! I emailed you back about the blog hop, I'm joining again. You may as well consider me joined for all the blog hops you host, lol!

jocondine said...

Visiting your lovely witch shopping street, will we be able to buy some crystal balls? How fun to move that pattern to an Halloween theme! xxx

Beth in IL said...

Count me in for Halloween blog hop. No idea what I will post, but oh well! It's always fun!I will have to join you next year on the FFO SAL. I need to fully finish some of my stuff!

Pamela said...

Your Halloween stitching is perfect for this month!

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, I didn't realize how close to a finish your spooky town was getting! Will it be a tarot shop?