Translate

Sunday 29 October 2023

October WIPocalypse Planning Process

             WIPocalypse

WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings


Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.  Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "23 in '23" for this year.  This month I stitched on 6 of my WIPs.


7. Hands on Design Scary Apothecary


9. CCN Halloween Village Art Gallery




10. CCN Halloween Village Gazebo



13. Mani di Donna Halloween Stitching Basket




16. Just Nan Halloween Designs


Batty Jack and Horrified!



18. Circle Cross Blackwork Tarot





The full list can be seen here - WIPocalypse and "23 in '23"


Finally, Measi always gives us a topic to discuss too:

October - How do you begin planning for the next year with your stitching?  Tell us your process.

I start my planning almost as soon as I start my stitching for the year!  I'd barely started 2023 when I was thinking about 2024 and how to work my "24 in '24".  As new designs are released I decide whether I want to fit them into this year or add them to the plan for the next year.

I'm also thinking long term now, I've been stitching for 30 years so there is going to be a limit to the amount I can stitch in the future compared to the past.  I have a lot of large designs and series I want to stitch and if I don't start now, then when?

So, next year's "24 in '24" is going to consist of 12 medium and 12 small designs.  One each per month chosen by my WIPGO board or by seasonal relevance (Just Nan-athon in May, Dark October).  Each piece should be able to be completed within a month and will clear a lot of designs I love which have been taking a back seat to my larger focus pieces/

Rachel and I have also been discussing the A-Z challenge since she did that in April!  I'm not about to swap daily projects for a month but I thought it would work well with IHSW.  So each month next year I will focus on projects starting with A and B in January, C and D for February and so on through the IHSW each month.  There will be two spare letters which gives me space if I can't shoehorn a project in one month!


Finally, it's the Halloween Trick or Treat Blog Hop tomorrow!  Please do hop around and leave comments for all the participants to encourage them to keep taking part in these events!











3 comments:

Katie said...

Since I have fallen so hard for my stitching lately I am being a maniac planning. I want to stitch EVERYTHING NOW! So I'm enjoying my plans for next year and yet I want it lose to stitch for fun too. I just want to stitch stitch stitch all the things!!!! Can't wait to see your plans.

Leonore Winterer said...

You are our queen of plannig, and, more importantly, also of sticking to said plans! What a productive month and I'm lokking forward to seeing all those new projects next year.

Rachel said...

Some lovely stitching again this month.
Can't wait to see what you have planned for next year (and in the pipeline for the next 30!) but I'm going to have a guess it includes 'one or two' Just Nan charts and another set from Circle Cross. Am I right?