Translate

Monday 31 October 2022

Halloween Trick or Treat Blog Hop 2022

  


 Welcome to the spooky hallowe’en mystery phrase blog hop!


All you need to do is visit each of the following blogs in order, jot down the letter displayed with their Hallowe'en stitched picture then return here and leave a comment telling me the Mystery Phrase.

It'd be nice if you left a comment on their blog too, especially if it's new to you.

I have "moderate comments before publishing" enabled so no-one can copy anyone else!


So without further ado,
start the blog hop – enter if you dare…

Hope you've worked it out!


I've been working away on my Spooky Stitching this month which included a finish for Just Nan's Scream House, a Just Nan Mouse I really need to make up, one roof piece for my 3D Spooky Mansion (which was incredibly tricky) and some lovely progress on my Mani di Donna Halloween Sewing Basket. As well as a whole shop completed for my CCN Spooky Main Street Conversion.

Which now looks like this:

stitched on 32 count Charcoal Slate Murano from Sparklies

I decided to turn the Grocey Store in the Potions Store. I did consider Pumpkins because it would have been easy to change the fruit into orange pumpkins. But there were two little bottles in the window of the original shop so they became potion bottles.

I added the side extention to the shop to replace the outside fruit displays. It reminds me of a Chemist Shop from the part of town I lived in as a child. The shop was on a corner and down one side wall was a totally enclosed window space which had an enormous glass bottle inside. To a child, there was no way they could have got out of there so obviouslt it had been sealed in for some reason. As an adult, I guess the back wall was actually a door and could be opened!

Just for fun, I Googled the shop and look - they have bricked up the window!! It's on the left of the photo.


Also, it's a Bridal shop now. I don't think my witches need one of those! But the style of the building would not look out of place in my Main Street.

Here are some more photos of my Spooky Stitching on display this year:



 






Finally, don't forget, some of us are on different time zones so if you visit a blog and can't find a letter or picture yet, pop back later in the day.
The phrase will stay a mystery for one week then all comments will be shown from 7th November, 2022.
happy hunting!


        
all from Hyraea

21 comments:

Gwen said...

What a lovely display.

Linda said...

Hi Jo. I love your spooky town. The answer is SPELLS & POTIONS.

Thanks for a fun blog hop.

Linda

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great selection of Halloween stitching. His cool that you found the shop. Thank you for hosting this year's Trick or Treat Blog Hop. I think the phrase is Spells & Potions. Happy Halloween 🎃

Dragondebs said...

Spells &Potions

Dragondebs said...

Love the little 3d halloween house

Katie said...

Just LOVE your displays!
Sorry I missed the blog hop. Just not enough time in my days lately.

Cathy said...

Spells & Potions

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

So many Halloween things, always fun to see.

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

And my answer spells & potions...

Roni said...

Lots of great fun Hopping around to find Spells & Potions, thank you for hosting once again.

Astrids dragon said...

Thanks for another fun hop! You know I LOVE ALL of your Halloween stitching! What a shame they closed up the window.

Astrids dragon said...

Even though I'm missing a letter, I'm guessing it's Spells & Potions!

Gwen said...

Thanks for hosting the Trick or Treat Hop again this year.
Loved seeing everyone's stitching and spooky displays.

Spells & Potions

beadgirl said...

I really enjoy seeing the spooky conversions you've made to the Main Street pattern. How many more are left?

Thanks again for doing the blog hop, I'm glad I did it and I had fun visiting everyone. Spells&Potions!

Carol said...

Love watching your little village grow--very spooky, but cute spooky! Great Halloween displays, Jo--hope you enjoyed yourself yesterday :)

FlashinScissors said...

Lovely stitching Jo! That potion shop was a great idea, and it was good to see the shop on which you based your stitching. 😁👍

Thank you for all your work organising us for the hop again this year. Really enjoyed seeing everyone’s Halloween stitching.

Barbara xx 😁👍🙋‍♀️💕😘

FlashinScissors said...

Great phrase! Spells & Potions most appropriate!
Barbara xx

Lee said...

Your stitched houses are awecome!

Lee said...

A fun hop! I love the little houses! Spells & Potions are the letters I collected!

Sandy said...

So many cute and fun Halloween stitching projects. I'll have to swing back by once I finish my blog rounds to hop on your blog hop fun.

Keep stitching, and stay warm. It's that time of the year.
Sandy's Space

Leonore Winterer said...

I'm obviously late so we all know the secret phrase is SPELLS & POTIONS by now, but I still had fun hopping around! Thanks for hosting this one again. Loved visiting all the blogs and your spooky stitching is spectacular, love the potions store!