Translate

Friday 21 July 2023

The Start of IHSW for July

 

IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.


For once, I'm not working on a Friday so was able to make a start today!  I'm focusing on Little Snapdragon with the hope of finishing it this month.

I only have the flowers left now which are a mixture of blue and purple colours.  So far I have stitched three shades of very dark blue:

stitched on 32 count Evening Sky Murano from Crafty Kitten


This evening I will continue with Turn, Turn, Turn working on the lovely Spring Tree:

stitched on 32 count Sea Spray linen

I'll also find some time to fit in a length or two on Cancer from Circle Cross' Zodiac series:

stitched on 28 count sky blue evenweave from Silkweavers

Finally, here's a new design from Circle Cross which I absolutely fell in love with as soon as I saw it:



More information here - Circle Cross Norse Mythos Mandala





7 comments:

Margaret said...

Wow! That mandala is a seriously big project. Good luck😉

butterfly said...

Oh Jo this last chart is so you , and I know you can't wait to stitch it .
It's going to be beautiful.
Enjoy the weekend hugs June.

Carol said...

Wonderful progress, Jo! I really do hope you can finish Little Snapdragon--those colors are so lovely! The last design would absolutely make my old eyes cross if I were to attempt it, but I look forward to your progress on it :)

diamondc said...

Greetings Jo: So many different and beautiful designs in the works.
Nice progress.

Catherine

Astrids dragon said...

As usual, great progress on it all!
Oh wow, that will be quite the project, perfect for you! Will you be adding colour to the fabric or thread, or leaving it as shown?

Katie said...

I'm behind on reading. Love your choices for focus.
WOW! What a beautiful detailed piece. Can't wait to watch it grow.

Leonore Winterer said...

Snapdragon looks great! Another one where I'm curious to find out whether I missed the finish. And wow, that Norse mandala design!