Translate

Sunday 30 July 2023

July WIPocalypse Favourite Fabrics

          WIPocalypse

WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings


Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.  Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "23 in '23" for this year.  This month I stitched on 5 of my WIPs and had 1 part finish.


2. Kustom Krafts Little Snapdragon



5. Carriage House Samplings Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow



13. Mani di Donna Halloween Stitching Basket



17. Stitch It Picasso Temperature SAL



18. Circle Cross Blackwork Tarot

Gemini and Cancer



The full list can be seen here - WIPocalypse and "23 in '23"


Finally, Measi always gives us a topic to discuss too:

July - Which are your favourite and least favourite fabrics to stitch on?

I've been keeping a tally of which fabrics I have stitched on this year and so far I have:

1 on 14 count Aida (from 2011)
1 on 22 count hardanger
2 on 25 count evenweave - both stitched over 1
8 on 28 count evenweave (4 are the House series)
6 on 32 count evenweave
4 on 32 count linen
1 on 35 count linen

So I think we can see that evenweave is my favourite fabric but 32 count is my favourite count over both evenweave and linen.

I tend to choose 28 count if I want to see the details, such as the Blackwork designs or those with lots of backstitch.  32 count is my choice if I want really good coverage.

One thing which is clear - I don't stitch on Aida!  That very old project is actually quite a soft piece of Aida and I think it will be full coverage so it won't show anyway.  Better than the really harsh piece I used that caused a friction burn on my wrist.



6 comments:

butterfly said...

I like 32cnt too.
Stitching is all looking wonderful.
Enjoy your week hugs June.

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything. You got a lot done on Snapdragon. I agree with you. I love evenweave. It's funny I like Aida stitching but notice I get BORED very fast. Linen I dislike because of the unevenness of the stitching.

Carol said...

So many beautiful projects, Jo! Looks like you're nearing the end on a couple of them :)

I just can't stand stitching with more than one thread so I almost always stitch on 40 ct. linen or over one on 25 or 28 ct. lugana. Do you ever use just one thread on 32 ct. or always 2? I guess the coverage probably wouldn't be very good with just one.

Happy August to you! ♥

jocondine said...

Great progress, I can see we are close to an happy skeleton dance! xxx

Astrids dragon said...

Snapdragon is sooo close, it's so beautiful.
Great progress on everything else.
Oh yes, 32 over one is my go to, but I like 28 too.

Leonore Winterer said...

32ct is my favourite as well. I usually only pick 28 if the design is heavily beaded and charted for 28, so it would look crowded on finer fabrics.