Translate

Saturday 15 July 2023

Gifted Gorgeousness July Link-up Post

      

Welcome to the July Gifted Gorgeousness link-up. The link-up date continues to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.

The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.

Once again, for the first fortnight my focus has been Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow.  The plan is to stitch this for two weeks each month until it is finished.  Which could be next month!

  
stitched over 1 on 25 count Cassia Rose evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy


I am continuing with my Dark 13 project which is Mani di Donna's Halloween Sewing Basket.  The plan for this one is to stitch it on the 13th of every month.

stitched on 32 count grey linen

I made some more progress on the Elements from Circle Cross' Tarot design and completed the first Zodiac sign - Gemini:  

stitched on 28 count sky blue evenweave from Silkweavers

I made a start on Cancer this morning:




Now it is your turn to show us your Gifted Gorgeousness for the month.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "July Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.  And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

*

*

Finally, a new start which is also a gifted chart from the lovely Astrid.  I first saw a video for this design in July 2018 and contacted Noteworthy Needle to be told it was a class piece only.  Fast forward five years and the chart for Turn Turn Turn is finally available to purchase which is what my lovely friend Astrid did and sent it to me along with a basket of goodies including some amazing variegated DMC.

I thought I had some nice fabric for it but all my blues were either too light or too dark so I bought the recommended linen and was finally able to make a start this month:


stitched on 32 count Sea Spray linen

What you have to do is fold the fabric along the margin and stitch through two layers for the first two columns to make a strong edge for when you put the thing together.

I'm going to work on this each evening until it is done!  I don't have the Weeks it is charted for so I'm using a mixture of variegated DMC and some blended DMC if I don't have a good variegated.

11 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely stitching Jo, your chart from Astrid looks an interesting project, have fun

Beth in IL said...

All your work is lovely. Hawkrun Hollow is moving along nicely!

jocondine said...

Great progress, well done. I love your WIP, such great patterns. xx

Elfie said...

Beautiful stitching. I am intrigued by the TurnTurnTurn project, and will be keenly watching it grow.

DJ said...

Your stitching is always so beautiful! It's been fun watching your progress on your Halloween and Dark stitching. I really like the blackwork style on your Elements stitching, it looks very elegant! I have seen the Turn Turn Turn finished, it's a lovely design, I look forward to seeing your progress. I have that pattern too! Thanks again for hosting GG. It's always fun to see what others are stitching!

Carol said...

That's so exciting that you're so close to a finish on your Hawk Run Hollow piece, Jo! And your Halloween Sewing Basket piece is looking so cute. I'm afraid I would have a great deal of trouble stitching the hair on the Gemini Twins--but, then again, would anyone really know if I had stitched it incorrectly :) Great job on all! Enjoy your week ♥

Shelly said...

Nice progress on everything. I didn't know you were working on the Halloween Hawk Run piece; looking good! The gift from Astrid is intriguing. Looking forward to your progress on that🙂

butterfly said...

Wonderful stitching I love the back stitch on the Gemini ones .
Just beautiful.
Enjoy your week hugs June.

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything. Oh how sweet of Astrid. I was lucky enough to meet her in real life and she is just as sweet in person as online. I will enjoy watching that piece grow. The putting it together part scares me.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress on HRH, I'm really excited to see your big finish soon! Your new start is *also* very exciting, I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of construction requires that folded over stitching.

Astrids dragon said...

So exciting that Halloween at HRH is almost finished! I'm hoping to get just the right colour fabric at the next retreat I'm going to next month to finally restart mine again.
I'm so glad you've started on Turn, Turn, Turn, and you're already farther along than I am!