Translate

Monday 10 July 2023

Finally Fully Finished Fun for July

      

Hosted by Rachel the Ten Hour Stitcher


This SAL is designed to motivate us all to do something with that box of Finished pieces instead of just storing them under the bed.  We will all be linking up on Rachel's blog on or after the 10th of each month (10 Hour Stitcher - 10th of the month).

I've got a big one this month - a large framed piece that was finished last year.


Just a nice standard frame from B&M the homeware shop

Here's the individual blocks again, starting with the one that convinced me to stitch this mystery SAL:


followed by the only one that isn't by Tenniel:



The Tweedles, who aren't in Alice in Wonderland at all.  
The Caterpillar should have been here:




Painting the Roses Red, I love the Disney song


The Duchess, another great character you don't see so often





I'm very proud of this block, it was designed as the two footmen so I charted the Queen of Hearts in her iconic pose myself



This final block was also charted by me.  The original was the King and Queen in court but I have always liked this illustration better.


"You're nothing but a pack of cards!"

I also had a part finish at the weekend, the first of the Zodiac Signs from Circle Cross


I added beads to create the constellation of Gemini instead of cross stitches


Here's the whole design so far:

stitched on 28 count sky blue evenweave from Silkweavers


Finally, I had a new start but as it's only a double line of brown x stitches, we'll save that for Gifted Gorgeousness as it was a gift from a blogging friend.




8 comments:

butterfly said...

Wow Jo , love all your stitching again , just beautiful, Enjoy your week hugs June.

Carol said...

It's such a big beautiful finish, Jo! The frame is perfect and I loved seeing each little block once again. I think Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum are my favorites :) Enjoy your day--how can it be almost mid-way through July?

Pamela said...

Beautiful finish! Alice is a favorite!

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, a frame is always a nice finish! Also love Gemini, it is (they are?) very pretty, the faces came out great!

jocondine said...

Those two patterns are wonderful. Lot of back stitches, must need a lot of concentration to keep the lines of the design. More difficult than cross stitch certainly. So beautiful to see your progress. xxx

Katie said...

Looks great in that frame. Loved that piece when you did it. Now it can be displayed like it deserves.

Akila said...

Love the finish!

Astrids dragon said...

Yay, it looks fantastic framed! I thought about stitching it, but I'll just have to enjoy yours instead.
Gemini looks lovely, if only I had a twin!