Translate

Monday 17 July 2023

July TUSAL and Stitching Library

       

It's TUSAL time!  

Here is my TUSAL jar with my current projects, Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow and Turn, Turn, Turn:


Here are the ORTs for Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow before I popped them in the main jar:


You can clearly see the two main colours I've been using this month are cream and brown!

Here's Turn, Turn, Turn from Noteworthy Needle, that's the Spring Tree at the top and the Autumn Tree underneath.  The Summer and Winter trees are to the left along the seam.

stitched on 32 count Sea Spray linen




What's on my Shelf?

This is a feature I'm going to include on my TUSAL post until I run out of books! I started a Page on my Happy Dance blog for my Stitching Library and realised what a huge task it was so decided to break it down to one book per month. For the next four years...

Title: Needlework Designs for Miniature Projects
Author: Eileen Folk
Publisher: Dover Needlework Series
ISBN: 9780486246604

This book promises 64 charts for cross stitch and needlework spread over the four room settings shown in the photos.

The cover shows the elegant Oriental themed Dining Room.  I love the screen with the dragon and that beautiful blue rug.


This room is the Pink Bedroom with a lovely sampler over the mantelpiece and a traditional quilt on the quilt rail.


This room is described as an "Early American Living Room" with a fireplace, another lovely quilt and no sign of a television!


The final photo shows a Nursery with a birth sampler, height chart and a fun rabbit rug.


There are also charts for a Yellow and Green Bedroom although there is no photo for this room setting.

The book was published in 1984 and so the charts are hand-drawn but even so they are very clear and easy to follow.  I'd love to have a dolls house or even just an Oriental Room Setting!


Finally, I have been making something miniature but I can't show you until after I have given it to the intended recipient.  I'll post photos for Gifted Gorgeousness in August.


 

6 comments:

butterfly said...

Lots of thread ends , do you use them , I put some out in the Spring for the birds nests .
Love that book .
Enjoy your week Jo hugs June.

Akila said...

Love the colours.. great progress. Wow, what an interesting book on your shelf and such cute designs too

Toki said...

Miniature books are authentic and too cute.😆

beadgirl said...

What a great book! I had a wonderful dollhouse made by my father when I was a child; and my mom made cute little pillows and quilts for it.

Katie said...

Love your two WIPs. I used to do a lot of miniatures for my mom's business. Love them!

Leonore Winterer said...

I'm so far behind again with blog reading (or writing. Or comment-answering). My laptop is breaking down, so I try and get stuff done at work, on my breaks or staying a little later. Sorry!

I suspect I missed the big finish on HRH, as you were so close in this post!
That book looks great too. A friend of mine made one of these miniature room kits, than added a few tiny cross stitched objects for personalization. I love when crafts combine together this well!