Translate

Tuesday 28 February 2023

February Stitch from Stash and Pie

It's time for Pie!


I spent half the month working on Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow. Here's where I started the month:



Here's where I finished:


The whole piece:

stitched over 1 on 25 count Cassia Rose from Chromatic Alchemy

So far the number of days is:

Block 7 - 13 days
Block 6 - 16 days
Block 2 - 19 days
Block 3 - 20 days
Block 4 - 15 days
Block 1 - 19 days
Block 5 - 25 days
Block 8 - 15 days
Block 9 - 27 days
Block 10 - 14 days and counting


Next up was Joan Elliott's Faces SAL, I wanted to finish this large block this year and it's not on my WIPGO Board any more.  I just managed it at the last moment!


I stitched all the skin over one.


I didn't have the charted beads so substituted different ones


I also stitched the version with the covered baby-bum to cut down on the amount of skin!

stitched on 28 count Snapdragon Jazlyn from Crafty Kitten

I would like to finish this one next year for it's Tenth Birthday!


Here's my evening pie:



Yes, I worked on the latest Amanda Butler's House the whole month.  It's not quite done, just needs some white backstitch added, so here's an older photo

stitched on 28 count grey evenweave

I have the magazine with the next one already so I will start that one as soon as I finish this one.


Finally, Stitch from Stash.  It's easy when it's a short month!


 

















7 comments:

Carol said...

Nice progress on all, Jo, and your latest block finish is so sweet on the Faces piece. Wonderful job on the skin, too--whew, that must have taken some time! Great job on spending nothing--I've been mainly stitching from stash, too, but did just send in a big floss order. Happy March to you ♥

Mylene said...

Both progress are coming along beautifdully. I specially love Joan's designed...the skin over one, WOW! So beautiful.

Rachel said...

Your evening pie and SFS made me giggle!
Well done for finishing the Faces SAL block. The skin looks great over one, even though it might take longer.

jocondine said...

What a great pattern, definitively one of the more beautiful I have ever seen, this last finished block is adorable, great finish, the all design will be amazing. xxx

Toki said...

It's a very nice design.
And delicate nice stitches.
I thought the bead colors you used were very effective.

Leonore Winterer said...

HRH is looking great - so much coverage in this block, but it still looks like a fun one! Congrats on finishing a panel on faces this year as well.

Astrids dragon said...

Wow, you'll be finished with HRH in no time!
The skin over one looks fantastic, I would have covered the baby bum too.