Translate

Friday 10 February 2023

Finally Fully Finishing Fun for February

 

Hosted by Rachel the Ten Hour Stitcher


This SAL is designed to motivate us all to do something with that box of Finished pieces instead of just storing them under the bed.  We will all be linking up on Rachel's blog on or after the 10th of each month (10 Hour Stitcher - 10th of the month).

I've got one little framed piece to share with you this month.

I started the Stitchonomy Christmas Banner SAL in December planning to use a pale grey linen.  Unfortunately the piece I had wasn't cut straight and ended up with very narrow margins.  So I decided to stitch it over one.

Which started off OK but not brilliant.  The more I stitched, the less I liked it.  Added to this, someone in the FB group was stitching it on black which looked amazing!

So I decided to cut my losses, complete the row I was stitching and make a square finish:




I happened to have this tiny gold frame so it was a quick and easy FFO for this month.


Finally, I will be contacting everyone who had agreed to take part in the Secret Stitching Sweetheart SAL over the weekend.  Please send me your photos if you haven't already done so!



14 comments:

Vickie said...

I followed along with this one on IG and decided to pass on stitching it. It is cute, but not my favorite. I like the way you made it square.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your Christmas Banner looks great in its frame, stitchers are very good at adapting

Pamela said...

Sweet finish! I often find myself adapting with my stitching.

DJ said...

What a lovely finish! The frame is perfect for it too! Will you be restitching it on black? I am looking forward to the blog hop!

Bridgette said...

I had to check and make sure you hadn't "stole" my Stitchonomy Christmas SAL. I too used a grey and I stopped on the same row. I haven't decided if I will finish it or recreate it like you have. I have seen some really fabulous finishes on the FB group, that give me hope I may finish, LOL! But maybe not too, there are just so many things to stitch. Your finish looks great!

jocondine said...

Great way to turn it in a finish you love better. xxx

diamondc said...

Jo: Perfect frame.

Catherine

Carol said...

I like your shortened version, Jo--and the frame is a great fit. Have a great week ahead ♥

Mary's Thread said...

A square frame is always a classy finish! Great job knowing when to stop, it looks very nice!

Gwen said...

Your finish looks great.

Suzanne H said...

The perfect frame for your shortened finish. I agree, why keep stitching if your just not feeling it. This looks lovely.

Sheryl said...

This is lovely, the frame is perfect.

Rachel said...

Thank you for your gorgeous February FFO entry.
It takes quite a bit of courage to 'give up' on a project, but I would never have known if you hadn't mentioned that this is not the complete piece. Will you be stitching it again? Your version looks great, but I agree it would look amazing on black.

Leonore Winterer said...

It's cute, but I can see how it might be prettier over 2, there is a lot of detail going on.