Translate

Wednesday 15 February 2023

Gifted Gorgeousness February Link-up Post

 

Welcome to the February Gifted Gorgeousness link-up. The link-up date continues to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.

The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.

For the first fortnight in February my focus has been Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow.  The plan is to stitch this for two weeks each month until it is finished.

I have nearly finished the top part of the Block 10, which is full coverage:

stitched over 1 on 25 count Cassia Rose evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy

I was quite poorly early in the month so the black fill-in has progressed very very slowly.  It was difficult to get motivated.  The bottom half is not full coverage so should go much quicker.


I am continuing with my Dark 13 project which is Mani di Donna's Halloween Sewing Basket.  The plan for this one is to stitch it on the 13th of every month.

stitched on 32 count grey linen

Oh look, more black!

Back in January, I worked on the Faces SAL from Joan Elliott.  This is stitched on gifted fabric:

stitched on 28 count Snapdragon Jazlyn from Crafty Kitten.

Now it is your turn to show us your Gifted Gorgeousness for the month.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "February Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.  And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

*

*

Finally, a big Thank You to everyone who took part in the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop yesterday.  There was a lot of love around the blogoverse!  Here's a collage of them all:


10 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Thank you for a super Blog Hop, the Valentine's stitching looks amazing all together. Great progress on your projects, good idea to have focused time on your Halloween stitching.

Leonore Winterer said...

I rather like the new block on HRH, it's looking great! Hope you're feeling better now.

DJ said...

HR is looking good! Full coverage always seems to take me longer even when I'm not sick. Sorry you have been feeling ill, I hope you are feeling better now! Looks like Halloween is your focus this month! LOL That's a lot of black! Love your Faces SAL, such pretty colors! Thanks for hosting GG!

butterfly said...

Always love coming to your blog , so much lovely stitching .
Have a good week, hugs June.

jocondine said...

Dark colors threads are still a challenge for me now so I'm admiring your full black coverage. Bonne santé ! xxx

Elfie said...

I really love seeing the progress on your gorgeous projects.

Toki said...

I am commenting for the first time.
It's amazing how many projects you have going on at the same time.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart
Blowing Hop is the most wonderful gathering of
hearts. I also wanted to participate.

Carol said...

Your progress on the Halloween piece is always something I look forward to seeing each month, Jo! Love the spooky eyes :) Loved seeing the lovely Valentine's stitching from around the world, too!

Sheryl said...

A lot of pretty stitching seen on the Sweetheart hop. Hope everyone spent an enjoyable Valentine´s Day.

Beth in IL said...

Thanks for the fun blog hop. The Hawk Run Hallow piece is fantastic.