Translate

Saturday 4 March 2023

The People Chose Science

 


This SAL is all about what you want to see on the blog.  I asked for suggestions for themes from followers of my blog and then put them up to the members of the IHSW Group on FB to vote for their choice.  We are currently working our way through the choices.  This is what was chosen:

March - Science
April - Subversive
May - Embellishments

Science!  A great subject which can cover many things - Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Botany, Zoology, Geology, Astronomy etc.  

The piece that I am currently stitching could be a scene from a laboratory with all its little bottles.  I guess this would come under Meteorology.  This is my Temperature SAL from Stitch It Picasso:

stitched over 1 on 25 count tea-dyed evenweave

I have completed all the green and lime for February, the rest of the bottles will all be blue, as is March so far.

My Scary Apothecary series come under the Alchemy side of Science, here are the first three I stitched and framed:



Climbing Goat Designs on Etsy have some great Space and Astronomy themed designs, DJ is stitching their current SAL based on the Hubble Telescope.  Check out their shop here - Climbing Goat Designs

In fact, Etsy is a great place to find Science-themed designs of all kinds.  I found these cute Chemistry puns there today - Home Sewn Stitches




Now it's over to you.  All you have to do is make a post on the theme of A Way With Words, mention The People's Choice SAL (you can copy the picture I used at the top of this post and in my side bar) and my blog. Please link up using the URL of the actual blog post, not the home page of your blog.   I look forward to seeing what you all post.

*

*

Finally, I need your suggestions for the next poll.  Anything, no matter how obscure, weird or random will go into the poll.  Keep the theme suggestions to a single word or two - so you could have Cats, or Green, or Holidays, or Warmth etc.   Really anything which could be illustrated in cross stitch.


5 comments:

Rachel said...

Unlike other themes, I think the stitcher (or recipient) has to be of a scientific inclination to stitch a scientific chart, hence why we don't see too many of them. It's good to know there are a good selection available, though, just in case.

jocondine said...

One of those great You Choose topics which give us a big challenge! I discovered the temperature SAL only a few years ago, it's always interesting to follow the progress and the different patterns (except the over 1 thing). xxx

diamondc said...

Fun post Jo: The beakers Flasks are a great way to use for a temperature design.
Bat Balm that cracks me up.

Catherine

Leonore Winterer said...

Uh, great selection of sciency designs! I especially love all the little potion bottles.

Astrids dragon said...

I love the Halloween ones, DH would prefer science!