Translate

Monday 31 October 2022

October Stitch From Stash and Pie

It's time for some Pie:





I decided to just do one day on Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow this month so I could focus on all my other Dark October projects.

I'd made a small start on Block 9 in September:



and now I'm here:

stitched over one on 25 count Cassia Rose evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy

So far the number of days is:

Block 7 - 13 days
Block 6 - 16 days
Block 2 - 19 days
Block 3 - 20 days
Block 4 - 15 days
Block 1 - 19 days
Block 5 - 25 days
Block 8 - 15 days
Block 9 - 3 days and counting


The Mani di Donna Halloween Sewing Basket is a fun little project.  There are two identical short sides, as below.  Then two identical long sides.  I'm thinking about making it my Dark 13th project in 2023.  I've never done that before but it would be a good way to get 12 days stitching in before next Halloween.



I've kept my usual bath-time stitching pie as well.  



The Cabinet of Curiosities has dominated!  Every single evening since the SAL started in September.  It is almost done now, only the lettering and the centre block with the charm to do now.

Finally, Stitch from Stash:


I started with my usual Shannon Christine 12 Days charts and then an impulse purchase of the new Mirabilia chart, Portrait Queen:


Isn't she just gorgeous?  I could really annoy Kate from Sparklies by asking her to hand-dye the fabric so the centre rectangle is a paler colour than the outside!



2 comments:

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything.

Leonore Winterer said...

Well, that one day on HRH was a productive one! The basket is looking great too and I like the idea of dark 13th. Are you sad to let October go?