Translate

Monday 10 October 2022

Finally Fully Finishing for October

      

Hosted by Rachel the Ten Hour Stitcher


This SAL is designed to motivate us all to do something with that box of Finished pieces instead of just storing them under the bed.  We will all be linking up on Rachel's blog on or after the 10th of each month (10 Hour Stitcher - 10th of the month).

Last month I was wondering if Scream House would be FFO'd by now.  Not a chance!  I did get as far as finishing the four roof pieces and the base but stalled on the walls.

(There is another roof piece not in this photo)

The reason I didn't FFO that one is because I wanted to try focus on my other 3D project which is Fiona Baker's 3D Haunted Mansion.  I did manage to make the building up:





And have been diligently stitching away on the roof pieces.  13 in all!   I have decided to just stitch the darker blue and not the lighter blue which fills the tiles in.  The fabric is pretty much the same colour so it really won't make much difference!

Another project which could have been FFO'd but wasn't, is my latest Just Nan Mouse - Stitchy Witchy Mouse:

stitched on 32 count grey linen

She won't take long to FFO but I have to be in the right mood for fiddly stitching!


Not sure what I get for those pieces?  Half an FFO for the building?


Finally, there will be a Hallowe'en Trick or Treat Blog Hop as usual this year. I am sure you all know how it works but for those who need a reminder - here's a link to last year's:


If you want to take part, just leave a comment here or email me if you are a "no reply" person. I need an email address for you to take part in this hop.









5 comments:

butterfly said...

Wonderful stitching Jo.

diamondc said...

Jo: I love your 3D design; the roof pieces are a hoot that ghost is so fun to look at.
I love Just Nan's Mice so cute.

Catherine

Leonore Winterer said...

All these 3D pieces are quite a bit more work than just sticking something in a frame, but I think they are worth it, they all look so fun!

Shelly said...

Hi Jo, I emailed you. You're doing great Halloween FFOing! Awesome 3D mansion!

Katie said...

Ohhh love all your beautiful pieces. Congrats!!!