Translate

Tuesday 25 October 2022

October TUSAL and Stitching Library

      

It's TUSAL time!  

Here is my TUSAL jar with my current project:


Those small pieces of blue stitching are all the roof sections for my 3D Haunted Mansion building.  I already completed the building and now I just have to make three roofs and it will be done.

Here's the main building:






What's on my Shelf?

This is a feature I'm going to include on my TUSAL post until I run out of books! I started a Page on my Happy Dance blog for my Stitching Library and realised what a huge task it was so decided to break it down to one book per month. For the next four years...

Title: Cross Stitch Myth and Magic
Author: Various
Publisher: David & Charles
ISBN: 9780715322109

This is a very eclectic collection of subjects and designs!  
The cover is Merlin by Maria Diaz



This one is The Princess and the Unicorn by Susan Penny.  
There's an unusual technique to making the mane and tail which is very effective.


This one is why I bought the book - The Princess and the Dragon by Teresa Wenztler.


This would look great framed with Dragon Rider which I stitched some time ago.


This one is another Susan Penny, called Frost Fairy there are some interesting techniques used here too. Plus a beaded border!


There are a couple of Asian designs, this is Oriental Dragon by Rungrat Puthikul 


The Dolphins come under the Mystic Deep section and are designed by Sue Cook


(like I said - eclectic!)

The final Sue Cook design is fabulous, Celestial Heaven features a very nice Zodiac with a fancy border all around.  You can also finish them as individual ornaments.


As well as the large designs for each chapter there are plenty of smaller charts which haven't been stitched as models so I can't show them!

I did stitch this blackwork castle as a Teacher Gift a few years back:


I must have really liked this teacher as that is all metallic!


Finally, there will be a Hallowe'en Trick or Treat Blog Hop as usual this year. I am sure you all know how it works but for those who need a reminder - here's a link to last year's:


If you want to take part, just leave a comment here or email me if you are a "no reply" person. I need an email address for you to take part in this hop.




7 comments:

butterfly said...

Nice book, lovely work.
Enjoy your week.

Carol said...

I can see I've missed a lot in the month away from blogging, Jo! Those 3-D Halloween buildings are SO cool. They look quite complicated to put together, but you've done a wonderful job. And using all metallics?!?!? You are one brave stitcher--I'm sure that particular teacher was very touched. Enjoy these last few days of October! ♥

gracie said...

Trying to cathc up reading and visiting. Glad I managed to stop by today.

diamondc said...

Hi Jo: What a grand idea to share your library with us.
Your Halloween house is adorable.

Catherine

cheryl said...

Your Haunted Mansion is looking pretty great! Can't wait to see the finished piece. Lots of lovely designs in the Myth and Magic book!
I would like to join in on the blog hop ... if you are still accepting sign-ups. I have to work Sunday afternoon and Monday morning, but if you get the info to me by Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning, I should have no trouble scheduling my post.
Thanks, Cheryl

Leonore Winterer said...

So much roof! I'm curious to see how it'll all come together.
I've seen this book before, and while some of the designs are pretty, most aren't really my style and I don't think I'd stitch any apart from the TW!

Katie said...

I just love those 3d buildings you make. So different.