Translate

Monday 24 October 2022

October IHSW

 


IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.

So the big excitement for the weekend was an FFO!  A long awaited FFO too.  This design was my "unicorn" chart for so long and I was lucky enough to nab one in a destash post.  I started stitching for Dark October 2020, continued in 2021 and actually finished the majority of the stitching then.  Just a base left to be completed this year.  Which is why the tombstone says MMXXI.  

Once I completed the stitching, I had to mount 18 pieces onto thin card, whip stitch them in pairs and then attach the roof pieces to the walls and the walls to the base.

This weekend I just got on a roll and finished the lot off:

Front Door

I used a little key to hold the ribbons in place.  
A witch would keep her spare key on the roof, not under her doormat!


Spider charm on the roof


Back


There will be a piece of black ribbon around the top of the walls to stop the gaping once I buy some.

Inside the house

Netty Nightshade

This was a piece of chenille fabric sampler stitched in place


This is the needle minder from the Stitchonomy Cabinet of Curiosities.  
I stuck one magnet to the inside of the paper when I mounted this wall.
The other magnet is this side as I can change the needleminder if I want.

I was so excited to get this finished in time for Halloween I got all my other spooky projects out and redid the living room ready for the 31st.  Here's a sneak peek, more photos to follow on my Blog Hop post.


The other two projects I worked on were my Cabinet of Curiosities and my spooky conversion of Main Street by CCN.  

I have built all the shop except for the last two rows of the roof.  Then it will be on to the fun part of stocking the shop.  Any guess what this one might sell?

stitched on 32 count Charcoal Slate Murano from Sparklies

The Cabinet of Curiosities is the latest Stitchonomy SAL and probably my favourite one so far.  I have stitched some of the next block but here is the last photo I took:

stitched on 28 count tan evenweave

There is one larger block in the centre that I am looking forward to, then it's just a case of finishing the framework of the cabintet and deciding how to FFO it.

Pretty successful IHSW this month.


Finally, the next IHSW will be 18th - 20th November so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook. If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here by leaving a comment on my post.





5 comments:

Margaret said...

Clever you. Your skills at 3D construction are amazing.

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything. Love the 3d house. So cool!

butterfly said...

Wonderful work, 3D fab.

Akila said...

Oh wow, what awesome stitching and finishes!!

Leonore Winterer said...

I didn't get to hermit last weekend, and don't really get to this weekend either, but we got a four day weekend with lots of stitching time (watching the last season of Stranger Things with a friend) so I'll just take that!
Your spooky stitching looks great, especially the cute spooky house. Not quite sure what the new shop might be selling...maybe frogs?