Translate

Saturday 4 June 2022

The People Chose Beads

   


This SAL is all about what you want to see on the blog. Each month I ask for suggestions for themes and then put them up to the members of the IHSW Group on FB to vote for their choice. This is what they have chosen:

June - Beads
July - Pets
August - Outer Space

I think there is one name that instantly springs to mind when we say "Beads" and that is Mill Hill.  They make the most popular and easily obtainable beads and also chart some fabulous designs using their beads, often combined with some stitching.

Here is Winter Wonderland, stitched on perforated paper:


And Xmas:



This little Halloween design is probably 50% beads:


As is this one - Frosted Heather Rose:



Just Nan uses a lot of beads to embellish her designs and you can see this in my most recent sampler finish; Lily Pond:


Some designs can be 90% beads such as my Stitchonomy Snowflake SAL:


And some have them to enhance the 3D effect of an ornament, such as this Sue Hillis Christmas Tree:



Going through my photos, almost any of my projects could have been chosen for this month!  I do like a little bit of bling.


And now it's over to you.  All you have to do is make a post on the theme of Series of Beads, mention The People's Choice SAL (you can copy the picture I used at the top of this post and in my side bar) and my blog. Please link up using the URL of the actual blog post, not the home page of your blog.   I look forward to seeing what you all post.

*

*

Finally, I need your suggestions for the next poll.  Anything, no matter how obscure, weird or random will go into the poll.  Keep the theme suggestions to a single word or two - so you could have Cats, or Green, or Holidays, or Warmth etc.   Really anything which could be illustrated in cross stitch.




8 comments:

Shelly said...

Lovely beaded finishes, Jo! I really like the Halloween one.

Pamela said...

Mill Hill on perforated paper are very fun. I have done a few. Frosted Heather Rose and your Just Nan are gorgeous.

butterfly said...

I love bead work and yours are beautiful .
Enjoy your day hugs June.

Leonore Winterer said...

I think most stitchers love beads!

jocondine said...

Very nice stitchings, I love those lovely dragonflies in the Lily Pond chart. xxx

beadgirl said...

I just can't say no to Mill Hill kits!

Carol said...

What lovely beaded finishes, Jo! I especially love the use of them in the frosted Heather Rose piece.

Rachel said...

You're right, beads can be used for just about anything, and I think often get overlooked or become an after thought.
You have some gorgeous beaded projects, of which Halloween is my favourite, with the traditional bright purple, orange and green.
Thanks for keeping this SAL going; still so many more themes to go... :)