Translate

Thursday 30 June 2022

June Stitch from Stash and Pie

  It's time for some end of the month Pie!




Continuing to hit my 14 days goal on Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow.  This month I completed Block 1 which went from here:



to here:

stitched over one on 25 count Cassia Rose evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy

Then down to Block 5 which is pretty much full coverage:



I'll continue with Block 5 in June and then go across to Block 8, if I actually finish it.

So far the number of days is:

Block 7 - 13 days
Block 6 - 16 days
Block 2 - 19 days
Block 3 - 20 days
Block 4 - 15 days
Block 1 - 17 days
Block 5 - 11 days and counting

After my 14 days on Hawk Run Hollow the WIPGO board chose Amanda Butler's Alice in Wonderland design.  I discussed my issues with this in a previous post so suffice to say I completed the final block charted by me from the Tenniel illustration and decided that enough was enough - do the border and call it done!

stitched on 32 count Yellow Belfast Linen


Lots of lovely details in the blocks and the borders


Beaded details in the crowns and clothing


Gold metallics for the watches


"Off with his head!"




Having completed this one I went back to my Little Snapdragon from Kustom Krafts as I was keen to finish the dragon himself.  This only took 2 days so I spent the rest of the month on Nora Corbett's Virgo.  I really want her to be a finish this year so I am popping her in wherever I have a space!

stitched on 32 count Murano in Evening Sky from Crafty Kitten

stitched on 32 count Virgo Murano from Sparklies


I'm doing a slight conversion to more purple colours.  The dark pink in the border is an unlabelled Stef Francis mercerised cotton.  The butterflies are a Stef Francis silk.  They are a little bit close in colour but the silk is more variegated and has some blue tones.  I used a Kreinik silver metallic for the backstitch as that makes them stand out a little more.



Her hair will be the big challenge as there are several shades of pink to convert.  I am thinking of using 3041 and 3042 as my base and seeing what looks good with them.  Watch this space!


Now May is over, I'm back to a rotation for my bath-time stitching and here's the pie for that:






The Dragon from Stitch It Picasso was a finish and will be shown for the FFO Gallery.  After I'd completed that one, I did my Day for the 12 Days and then went back to the 3D Bookshop  from Living on the Rainbow.  Here's where I finished:

stitched on 28 count Tan evenweave

Once I outline the bottom two sides there are a lot of colour changes with a few stitches for each colour.  The plan is to stitch colour-by-colour now.


Finally, on to Stitch from Stash:


Year in the Woods is the Carriage House Sampling series I signed up for the auto-ship from Sparklies.  I also needed a whole batch of DMC.  I tend to stock up once a year.  This time I bought 42 skeins.  The Shannon Christine charts were an impulse buy as she brought out a 12 Days of Christmas series.  How could I resist?







3 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

This looks like it was a great stitching month for you! Well done finishing Alice and the dragon, great work on HRH and looking forward to seeing more of Virgo.

Carol said...

Congratulations on your Alice finish, Jo!! Really amazing--I love looking at each little detail and the gold metallics and beads really make it special! Well done!

Rachel said...

Huge congratulations on finishing Alice! That must be a weight off your mind now you've stitched it how you want it. Great progress on your other pieces too. Looking forward to seeing the bookshop come to life colour by colour. :)