Translate

Tuesday 31 May 2022

May Stitch from Stash and Pie

 It's time for some end of the month Pie!



Continuing to hit my 14 days goal on Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow.  This month I only stitched on Block 1 which went from here:


to here:

stitched over one on 25 count Cassia Rose evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy

I'll continue with Block 1 in June and then drop down to Block 5 underneath it which is another very full coverage block.  I can see this one taking at least 3 weeks.

So far the number of days is:

Block 7 - 13 days
Block 6 - 16 days
Block 2 - 19 days
Block 3 - 20 days
Block 4 - 15 days
Block 1 - 14 days and counting

After my 14 days on Hawk Run Hollow I turned to a new start, the next Scary Apothecary from Hands On Design.  I stitched on Skeleton Polish until I finished it after 7 days.

stitched on 28 count Radioactive line from Chromatic Alchemy


Then to my long term BAP, my Chatelaine.  I love this design so much but it's pretty intense stitching.  I really have to read and reread the chart and instructions each time I pick it up.  Not helped because I have substituted some of the silks.  But I keep good notes, thankfully.

The time around I stitched a second guardsman:


 and the pretty rose border:


This is where I am now:

stitched on 32 count Belfast in Cotton Clouds by Crafty Kitten

It's on my WIPGO Board once more for this year so I might continue with those rose borders around the other three gardens and start the next row of border which is quite a simple one of cross stitch and eyelets.  Also complete the gold backstitch in all of the smaller gardens.

I haven't done an Evening Pie because it was all my Just Nan-athon.  A different Just Nan Small each evening.  Stitched on the anniversary of when each one was started.  Here's the complete range:


And best of all - I got a finish!  Day 29 was the Tiny Toile Heart and it really is tiny.  I stitched it over 1 on 32 count.  Here it is with my scissors for scale:


I just did a little red doodad or bead to fill the little gap and then FFO it somehow.


Finally, on to Stitch from Stash:


I have an eBay alert on for Just Nan charts and managed to hook a Class Project - Star of Light for just £6.99 which was a bargain.  Chart only but the prices are starting to rise.  It's not unusual to see them asking £10-15 for one of the samplers now.  The other chart was an Ornamental Treasure small that I didn't have.

Year in the Woods is the Carriage House Sampling series I signed up for the auto-ship from Sparklies.  Quite unusual for me but I liked the first two so thought I'd take a punt on the series.  Mr. Linky is so we can all continue to enjoy my Linky SALs each month, so that's a gift for you all!








3 comments:

Carol said...

You built a house! (and a haunted house at that!)... Great month of stitching, Jo!

Leonore Winterer said...

A very productive stitching month - I love the rose border, it's so pretty!
Yay for a finish on your Maynia too. So new start next year?

Rachel said...

Lovely to see all the JN smalls together, and congrats on the teeny tiny finish. Shame they all have to go away for another year, but I expect the next 12 months will soon fly past! :)