Translate

Wednesday 29 June 2022

June TUSAL and my Stitching Library

  

It's TUSAL time!  

Here is my TUSAL jar with my current project:


You can see Nora Corbett's Virgo there, I've been adding the pinkypurple to the border today.  Also shown is Just Nan's Tea with Honey which is in the throes of being FFO'd.




What's on my Shelf?

This is a new feature I'm going to include on my TUSAL post until I run out of books! I started a Page on my Happy Dance blog for my Stitching Library and realised what a huge task it was so decided to break it down to one book per month. For the next four years...

Title: Beaded Cross Stitch Treasures - Designs from Mill Hill
Author: Gay Bowles
Publisher: Sterling Publishing Co. Inc. 
ISBN: 9780806955278


What a fabulous book for anyone who enjoyed The People's Choice at the start of the month!  This book contains as many varied beaded projects as you could ever wish for.


The minis stitched on perforated paper or plastic canvas will be familiar to fans of Mill Hill


But have you seen an entire sampler stitched in beads with only a few cross stitches?


Valentine's Hearts


An Autumnal Sampler


Beautiful snowflakes using bugle beads


Spookiness for Halloween


Christmas Ornaments


And this amazing Christmas sampler!


If you are not a fan of beading, any of these could be stitched in DMC.  There is a conversion chart available online.



Finally, I'm going to be taking sign-ups for my Summer Blog Hop on the same theme as last year - Stitching Friends are Friends Who Count. Have a look at this post for last year and let me know if you'd like to take part this year.



7 comments:

diamondc said...

Jo: Oh my so many wonderful ideas in that book, I do bead and stitch.
I think I have that book, I need to check it out.


Catherine

butterfly said...

I can see you have been stitching alot .
Love this bead book I have this one to, it's a lovely book .
Enjoy your week , hugs June.

Leonore Winterer said...

I didn't know Mill Hill made books...wow, some of these patterns really are gorgeous!

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Lots of things with beads , like your book feature. I would be delighted to participate in the Summer friends hop again this year.

gracie said...

That is a great book. Sign me up...

RONI said...

I've only ever done beads once, so I think they still scare me a bit. Happy to Hop along again this year.

Carol said...

Looks like a great book, Jo... Love the fact that it has a DMC conversion chart available, too, as I am definitely not a beader :)