Translate

Wednesday 15 June 2022

Gifted Gorgeousness June Link-up Post

    


Welcome to the June Gifted Gorgeousness link-up. The link-up date continues to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.

The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.


My main gifted project is my Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow which is my focus project for the year.  Last GG I had nearly finished Block 1.  Which was completed at the start of June:


Then I started on Block 5 which is almost all full-coverage:


Here's where I am now:

stitched over one on 25 count Cassia Rose evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy

My Chatelaine, Gardens of London was a gift for my last Big-0 Birthday, different people bought me the chart, the fabric, the DMC and some of the speciality threads.

Here's where I finished at the end of last month:

stitched on 32 count Cotton Clouds Belfast from Crafty Kitten


My current Just Nan was a gift as it's a Travelling Pattern.  This is Tea with Honey:

stitched on 28 count dusky pink linen

and a close-up of the bees:




This little dragon is stitched on some gifted fabric.  The design is #2 in a series of 12 from Stitch It Picasso on Etsy:

stitched on 32 count Autumnal Woodland by Crafty Kitten

Now it is your turn to show us your Gifted Gorgeousness for the month.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "June Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.  And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

*

*

Finally, it's IHSW this coming weekend followed by The Longest Day Marathon so expect to see ALL my WIPs stitched on that day.



11 comments:

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Nice to have things for GG this month (that I can share) and is it me or does IHSW come round faster and faster?

Elfie said...

Such gorgeous projects, and beautiful stitching.

Beth in IL said...

Love the Hawk Run Hallow piece. And your Chatelaine!!! You do such beautiful work.

butterfly said...

Some lovely stitching Jo.
have a fun day.

Clare-Aimetu said...

As always Jo your stitching is lovely, you are working on some great projects.

jocondine said...

This block 5 is a big surprise to me, didn't expect a mermaid in an Halloween chart! Can't wait to see what is happening to the sailing boat (perfect to keep me in the sea theme while I'm preparing my next TdF). xxx

Sandy said...

My eyes hurt just thinking about stitching on 32. Your Halloween stitching is so fun and you've made such good headway.
Sandy's Space

DJ said...

Lovely stitching! You do find the prettiest fabric to work on! Love the Hawk Run series (I have a couple of them myself!) it's fun to watch each square reveal itself. I also like the colors of the dragon! I love the Chatelaine you chose, those little guards are so cute! I need to drag mine out of moth balls....Thanks again for hosting GG!!

Leonore Winterer said...

It's so nice to see HRH grow throughout the year, but all the other stitching looks great too! Think you'll be able to finish the little dragon before putting it away again?

RONI said...

Having recently tried out just a little bit of 'over one', I now have a new appreciation for just how much work is going into HRH! Love it, and thanks for the Etsy recommendation, I can see myself spending lots of money increasing my virtual pattern stash on there!

Carol said...

I really love watching your Hawk Run Hollow piece grow this year, Jo! It's looking fabulous, as is the Gardens of London piece. That looks sooooo intricate. But, if anyone can do it, I know you can :) Happy almost summer to you ♥