Translate

Sunday 19 June 2022

June IHSW

  


IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.


This weekend I've been working on Amanda Butler's Alice in Wonderland Sampler.

Things I love about this design:

It's Alice in Wonderland
It is based on the original Tenniel drawings
The charting is very good
The fun details in the border
Her use of colour

Things I don't like:

She uses one random Tim Burton design instead of all Tenniel
She used one block from Through The Looking Glass but no others
She didn't use The Caterpiller but did include the minor characters of the two footmen.

I also didn't like the final block of the King and Queen of Hearts.

I charted my own version of The Queen of Hearts to replace the Footmen.  Then I charted the final scene of Alice in the Courtroom.

Here she is without backstitch:


and here she is with the backstitching done:



After I was finished with that block I went to beading the vine.  There's a lot of beading but it's fun to do.  I'm attaching the beads with the dark green so I can add them as I go.

stitched on 32 count Yellow Belfast linen


The next IHSW will be 15th - 17th July so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook. If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here by leaving a comment on my post.

Finally, I will be attempting my annual Longest Day Marathon tomorrow.  The Longest Day is actually Tuesday but unfortunately I have to work that day.  For new followers, this is obviously a stitching marathon and not a running one!  On this day I attempt to stitch on each of my WIPs for 20-30 minutes.  The last couple of years I have had to spread the marathon over two days because of other commitments but I am hoping to get it all done in one day this year.  We shall see!  If anyone want to join me, you'd be very welcome.  Just post on your blog or in the IHSW group.

Here's last year's post so you can see how I got on: Longest Day Marathon 2021



3 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress on Alice - it's been a while since we've seen this one, but your charted blocks look great!
Hope you're having fun with your marathon stitching today :)

butterfly said...

Your Alice is looking wonderful .
Enjoy your day hugs June.

Rachel said...

The good thing about catching up with five months of blog postings in one go is that you remember things you haven't seen, and I was wondering where this was.
I remember you were a little disillusioned with a couple of things, but have obviously made amends to at least some of those now. Your charting of Alice in the courtroom is fantastic. How much more to do before this becomes a finish? :)