Translate

Sunday 8 August 2021

Stitching Friends Summer Blog Hop 2021

 


Regular followers will know that I host a number of Blog Hops throughout the year, each with a different theme.  Four of them are the same each year but the Summer one varies depending on what I feel like!  Last year I felt it would be nice to see how well we know our Stitching Friends, the Hop was such a success I thought we'd do it again this year.

Several years ago I designed a little ornament for an exchange on this theme - Stitching Friends are Friends who Count.  It's a pun on being important to us and counting crosses!  Over the last 18 months, more than ever, we have found the value in our stitching friends who have kept us company online when we couldn't meet up with our real-life friends.

I had 8 people sign up for the Hop and assigned each one a blog for them to visit and write a little piece about their stitching friend.  I asked them to choose a design they thought their friend might like.  Just for fun, I asked people not to reveal the name until the end of the post!  So why not see if you can guess each one as you go?

These are the participating bloggers, in no particular order:



As per last year, I am going to feature a surprise friend myself!  This blogger did not sign up for this particular Hop but does take part in some of my other Hops and also in Gifted Gorgeousness.

She comes from "A Land Down Under"
She loves to stitch for Christmas
She has a forest of Christmas Trees in ornament form
She stitches more ornaments than anyone else I know
She has a wide extended family with lots of new babies, it seems
When she does stitch a larger design, she goes for a giant full coverage design!
She takes part in our 12 Days of Christmas SAL

So, the piece I would choose to share with her would be this one - 


This is my monthly Stoney Creek 12 Days project.  We have reached the Eighth Day and a Maid A'Milking.

Have you guessed yet?  

It's Elfie from Elfin Stitches and here's a link to that giant Santa design - Christmas Dreams


Finally, I hope you enjoyed hopping around and trying to guess who each stitcher was talking about.  My next Hop will be the Hallowe'en Trick or Treat Blog Hop at the end of October so stay tuned for sign-ups.


















9 comments:

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Once more having fun, both looking at my designated blog and at all the others participating.

diamondc said...

Jo: What a fun idea.
Your Eight Maids A Milking is adorable.

Catherine

Shelly said...

Sounded like fun! Oh I'll be signing up for that Halloween blog hop, you betcha!

Lelia said...

Wonderful blogs on your hop!
(some new to me)
Thx for hosting

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Thank you for organising this Jo. It was fun reading the different blog posts.

beadgirl said...

This was fun!

Sarah Beth’s Stitching said...

Super cute

Leonore Winterer said...

That was another fun hop, even if we didn't have a ton of participants. I guess everyone is really busy over the summer months this year! Thanks for hosting it.

Elfie said...

Wow! That was a surprise! Thank you. And I do love that milking maid!