Translate

Tuesday 22 June 2021

Longest Day Marathon 2021

 

This was my sixth annual Marathon for The Longest Day.  I always attempt this as close as possible to the Summer Solstice which was Monday 21st June this year.  Unfortunately I had to work in the morning so I stitched one project at breakfast time, and the rest when I returned from work.  I continued on Tuesday to get them all included.

09.00 Joan Elliott Face SAL


stitched and counted very, very carefully to outline a block:


13.30 Chatelaine Gardens of London


added some roses to the border:


14.00 Nora Corbett Gathering Eggs


filled in some white cloud:


14.30 Amanda Butler Alice in Wonderland
couldn't find the beads I needed then the phone rang for an important call.

15.00 Lin Pulsion Bubbles of Happiness


added medium blue to one bubble


15.30 Various Designers Mini Haunted Village


filled in the windows:


16.00 Just Nan Scream House


filled in some of the ghost:


16.30 Stoney Creek 12 Days of Christmas


added some holly leaves:


18.30 Mirabilia Fairy Idyll


added some cream to her skirt:


19.00 Bothy Thread 12 Days of Christmas


started the olive green background to Day 2:


19.30 Hands on Design Scary Apothecary


started the second cat:


20.00 CCN Main Street Spooky Conversion


finished the awning and added the ironwork for the sign:


20.30 Just Nan Follow the Needle


started the second row of over one lettering:


21.30 Just Nan Pansy Basket


added some green leaves:


And so to bed.

The next day started with a trip to the dentist for my son so the stitching started at

10.00 Craft Collection Art Nouveau Head


added some medium brown to the piece at the top:


10.30 Yiota's X Stitch Coffee Fairy 


a bit more cream cup:


11.00 Kustom Krafts Little Snapdragon


added some blue to the wing:


11.30 Papillon Creations Around the World in 80 Stitches


stitched some green border:


12.45 Scarlet Letter English Transitional Sampler


added some more Holbein Stitching:


13.15 Mrs Peggotty Queen of Hearts


Stitched on the left hand border:


13.45 Amanda Butler Alice in Wonderland


still couldn't find the beads so I just did a tiny bit of backstitch vine to say I had worked on this:


14.15 Tiny Modernist Calendar


finished the borders:


14.45 Carriage House Samplings Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow


my final project so I just kept stitching until teatime and finished her apron:


As I discovered last year, it is not as much fun as when I do it all in one day.  Tuesday was actually better because I started earlier in the day and felt I was getting more done.

But I succeeded in stitching on ALL 22 of my WIPs, and having a nice little WIP Parade for you all.



Finally, I'm going to be taking sign-ups for my Summer Blog Hop on the same theme as last year - Stitching Friends are Friends Who Count.  Have a look at this post for last year and let me know if you'd like to take part this year.






15 comments:

Shami Immanuel said...

You are handling so many projects in an organised way. I love all your projects. The colour way you choose for linpulsion bubbles are wonderful. They are in my to do list. Happy stitching.

Shelly said...

Wow, Jo! That was a pretty good solstice challenge for you. Nice job stitching on your WIPs!

Carol said...

Wow! So many projects in one day, Jo! Not sure how you keep them all straight... really love the Gathering Eggs one so much. Those colors! ♥

diamondc said...

Jo: How on earth do you keep track, do you have a book and write what you have worked on? or just a basket of rotations, I am very impressed you can do so many and keep track.
I myself would get lost doing more then a couple of designs but hey that is just me.

Catherine

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

WOW...I feel the need to start more projects..but I shall resist just not organised enough for that..so just going to enjoy yours instead.

Kay said...

Oh my, so much work! I particularly like the stunning colours in Gathering Eggs and the detail in Alice in Wonderland. x

RONI said...

Wow!! 22 WIPs!!! I'm exhausted even thinking about that many at once!! Lovely to see the massive variety of things you're working on though!

Vickie said...

I could never have that many projects going at one time! You really made good progress Jo!

Barb said...

Wow! I am really impressed with all the stitching you did!

Linda said...

Fantastic progress Jo. I love them all.

Linda

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, that was so much fun - it's been a while since we saw some of these (well, I year, I guess!). Great job getting through them all!

jocondine said...

I was waiting for this post, as I saw end of June coming and solstice time close. Love this full day stitching and so many different projects you're working on. Well done! I only did it once and it was in 2017 so long ago, miss it, maybe I can still make it happen again. xxx

The Crafty Princess said...

Wow I don't know how you do this. If I get engrossed in a wip I can't put it down even when I should. Proud of you girl!

Well done. It was fun seeing the little differences in your progress.

xo Alicia

Astrids dragon said...

After all these years, I'm still impressed how organised you are in your stitching! So many impressive pieces, no way can I pick a favourite.
I can't remember, are you stitching Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow all together or separately? I still haven't started that one yet.

Rachel said...

Every year I am in awe of how you manage to stitch on so many projects in one or two days; I really don't think I would have the discipline to change every half hour or so. It's also lovely to see some of your more 'neglected' WIPs get their 30 minutes of fresh air! :)