Translate

Saturday 2 April 2022

The People Chose Series of Designs

 


This SAL is all about what you want to see on the blog. Each month I ask for suggestions for themes and then put them up to the members of the IHSW Group on FB to vote for their choice. This is what they have chosen:

April - Series of Designs
May - Witches
June - Beads

Like many stitchers I have a passion for a series!  It's like books, a stand alone is nice but knowing there are more to come means you will never be without something to read/stitch for as long as the author/designer keeps producing them!

Unfortunately, collecting a series and stitching a series are often two separate hobbies.

I do like a seasonal series, with only four designs in the series it's more achievable than a monthly series for example!

These are four Just Nan designs I stitched in 2004:

Winter Romance                               Breath of Spring
A Summer's Day                                       Autumn Haze


Another Just Nan series - The Typography series:
I stitched and framed these in colours to suit the season


Here's a monthly series I did complete:

The original cat from JBW Designs was the October cat and I changed it to different colours for each month.  Still haven't FFO'd the final three...


Nora Corbett has two Alphabet series; Mermaids and Fairies.
These are four of the fairies I stitched for myself and my little cousins.

I did stitch the M later on for another little cousin


 The 12 Days of Christmas is one of my favourite series, I collect them and have stitched a few.
This is very cute freebie series from Dragon Dreams:



One current series is the Nora Corbett Zodiac Girls.  I started with my own start sign Virgo last month and here's where I am now:




This post could continue for days if I included every series I have stitched or started to stitch!  But now it's over to you.  All you have to do is make a post on the theme of Series of Designs, mention The People's Choice SAL (you can copy the picture I used at the top of this post and in my side bar) and my blog. Please link up using the URL of the actual blog post, not the home page of your blog.   I look forward to seeing what you all post.

*

*

Finally, I need your suggestions for the next poll.  Anything, no matter how obscure, weird or random will go into the poll.  Keep the theme suggestions to a single word or two - so you could have Cats, or Green, or Holidays, or Warmth etc.   Really anything which could be illustrated in cross stitch.






9 comments:

Pamela said...

I love the Just Nan band samplers you stitched in 2004! You have some wonderful series.

jocondine said...

Series is a great theme, it will give us the chance to see so many different designs, your dragons are so cute, love to see funny stitchings. Of course fairies are adorable and so elegant. xxx

diamondc said...

Hi Jo: You have so many beautiful, stitched designs, I love seeing what you are working on.

Catherine

Akila said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, your lovely comment and following me! Means a lot
Love your series - especially the seasons and the Just Nan ones

Rachel said...

Funny how Just Nan should pop up again!
I agree that smaller series are more fun to stitch than a big series, although that does depend on the size of each project. Could you imagine stitching all 26 of Nora Corbett's Fairies or Mermaids, for example?
I also agree that collecting and stitching a series are almost two separate hobbies. Luckily, we're (hopefully) not too bad at the latter! :)

butterfly said...

WOW love your stitching Jo .
Are there any band ones you are missing that I may have .
Hugs June.

Leonore Winterer said...

You're much better at sticking to your series than I am, especially with all your 12 Days ones!

Katie said...

Love them all. Thanks for sharing.

Astrids dragon said...

So many series to love, especially the cats and dragons!