Translate

Monday 18 April 2022

April IHSW

 


IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.

This month, it fell on the perfect weekend - a four day Easter holiday!  So plenty of time to stitch.  Friday was my Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop too, so lots of stitchy goodness to see as you all hopped around visiting the participating blogs.  All the links now go direct to the Hop Post so it's easy to find them if you're late joining in.

I continued to work on my Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow on Friday and got a small part of Block 1 done.  This skeleton is so cute!

stitched over 1 on 25 count evenweave in Cassia Rose by Chromatic Alchemy

That was the 14th day of stitching on this project so it goes away until next month. 


I also completed my Just Nan Spring SAL Sampler which has been Lily Pond:

stitched on 32 count Pale Green Linen

I used all DMC for this one, using the same shades as Morning Meadow:

Rose Blush - 3688
Rose Quartz - 3689
Spruce - 501
DMC 890 - 501
(I felt the 890 was too dark for this sampler)

It came with the bead pack so I used those as charted.

Of course, completing a Just Nan means I can start another one!  I was lucky enough to receive a Travelling Pattern from the JN FB group and I need to stitch it and pass it on in a timely fashion.  This is my start on Tea With Honey:

stitched on 28 count dusky pink linen


On Saturday I looked to my WIPGO Board to see what I would be stitching and this golden oldie came up - Little Snap Dragon by Kustom Krafts.  Originally started in 2015 for the DUCJC, this was stitched quite a bit in 2016 and then only on the Longest Day since then.

Whenever I pick it up, I remember why I don't stitch computer generated designs and also, how big this is!  But I do adore this little dragon so I persevere with him and his 20,000 shades of green and blue.

stitched on 32 count Murano in Evening Sky from Crafty Kitten

I'll stick with him until the end of the month and hopefully finish his wings.


And then, I had another new start!  Finishing my 3D Greenhouse left a gap for another 3D project and I chose this one by Ukrainian designer Living on the Rainbow.  Because it's one thing to buy the charts to support them but you can also help by stitching and linking to their shops.

stitched on 28 count Tan evenweave

This is going to be a Bookshop, where else would I begin a set of shops?  The original is finished as a drum ornament but I'm thinking of stitching it as four separate walls and making it a 3D rectangle to match the rest of the village I haven't made.  Yet.



Finally the next IHSW will be 20th - 22nd May so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook. If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here by leaving a comment on my post.


9 comments:

Margaret said...

You sure had a profitable time stitching wise over Easter. Did that keep you from nibbling on chocolate and hot cross buns?😉

Mary said...

Always so interesting to see the diversity of your stitching!! The Just nan sampler is lovely and I'm sorry your putting away the HRH for a month!! If I was ambitious I would stitch that!!

Vickie said...

Oh Jo, Lily Pond is just gorgeous!! The pinks of course, but the intricacies are just lovely.

butterfly said...

Wonderful stitching , love the dragon.

diamondc said...

Jo: Nice progress on all your projects, I like seeing the Just Nans you do.

Catherine

Sandy said...

I haven't heard of IHSW, but sounds like you make really good use of the time. So many projects in the works, and yes most certainly you start a new one when you complete one. We crafters are crazy like that. The Dragon is adorable an probably my pick of these current projects. Popped in from a mutual friends blog to say hi. It's always fun to meet new bloggers, do swing by for a visit.
Sandy's Space

Leonore Winterer said...

Lots of IHSW stitching for you! HRH is really getting along this year and the Just Nan is simply gorgeous. I'm really happy about the return of the snap dragon too!

Katie said...

Oh I love your new start of course. Not surprised you started with the book store haha. The dragon looks great. The band sampler is beautiful. Love the pinks. What a cute skeleton.

Astrids dragon said...

Who knew a skeleton could be cute, but it is!
Lily Pond is lovely, I love the colours.
And another incentive, the Snapdragon! He looks sweet just on his own.
Anything from Living on the Rainbow is a good choice, she has wonderful designs.