Translate

Friday 8 April 2022

11 Years of Blogging!

 


Today is my 11th Blogaversary!  That's a great milestone to celebrate.  So, here are the stats:



*
11 years
1190 posts
699 followers
22,187 comments
1,474,390 pageviews
WOW


Last year I did a Ten Things Tag which several people joined in with, that was great fun.  We seem to have reached a point with blogging where there's a hardcore of us still blogging and posting as well as people reading and those who post from time to time.

If you are struggling with keeping going, here's some advice:

Post when you can, a schedule helps for some people (me)
Post when you have a finish
Post to link up with an event or linky party
NEVER apologise for it "being a long time since I posted"!
If you're not up to writing much, just post a picture with the name of the designer.

Most of us now follow blogs via a Reader such as Feedly or by email so we know when a new post appears and it's always a delight to see someone in my Reader who I haven't seen for a while.


This time last year I was rotating between a number of larger designs, having spent the previous year focusing on my Discworld Mappe.

Chatelaine Gardens of London went from here last April:


to here:

Not a lot of progress to be honest!


My Spooky conversion of CCN's Main Street went from here:


to here:



Mirabilia's Fairy Idyll saw her skirt grow and grow from here:


to here:



Bothy Threads 12 Days of Christmas went from here:


and gained two more days to here:


But the most progress has to be from Carriage House Samplings' Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow which was here last April: 


And is now my focus piece and looks like this:


With this bit added on the side!


Lots of bats to be added to Block 4 will hopefully see that completed this month.

And now a little teaser for my FFO Gallery post in two days time:




Finally, a Happy Birthday to my Blog's twin - Susan from Yellow Flower Meadow!











13 comments:

Kay said...

Happy blogaversary. I am very grateful for the blogs which keep going and cheer my week.

butterfly said...

Congrats my friend .
You always make me smile with all your wonderful stitching .
Always fun to look in and see your stitching grow .

Vickie said...

Congratulations Jo! :) It is a lot of work! I hope it is still fun for you also.
Chatelaine Gardens of London is gorgeous so far. So is 12 Days of Christmas.

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Well you inspired me to update my blog. And I tried not to use the phrase sorry it's been so long. Always surprised how much I did finish. Love your pieces and thanks for sharing.

Barb said...

Jo, you are truly an inspiration. I have always loved seeing your blog posts. Keep up the good work!

Pamela said...

Congrats on blogging for 11 years!

jocondine said...

Joyeux Blog Anniversaire ! Congrats to you for all those great posts and blog hop events which are a big part of my own blog life. And if you give a party this afternoon, please keep for me one piece of those yummy progress pies! xxx

Carol said...

Congratulations on 11 years, Jo! Blogging IS a lot of work, but I do think you get to know other stitchers much better in this format than through FB or IG. Your stitching is lovely and that Bothy Threads 12 Days is S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G!!! Here's to 11 more years (doubt I'll be there as I'll be nearly 80--ha ha!!). ♥

Katie said...

Well I am very glad I stumbled onto your blog whatever years ago. Time is crazy and I swear just keep disappearing in big chunks. I agree with your advice completely about posting though. I am trying so hard to stick to Monday Update for me. Helps me a lot.

RONI said...

Happy Blogaversary Jo, am so glad to have joined the crafty blogging family. For a very long time I wrote my blog mostly for me, as an online journal of sorts, as I think there was mostly just me and my BFF reading it. But coming here and joining up with Hops and linkups brought me not only readers but an online community. And that's nicer as a Blogger to know that you are reaching a wider world and allowing yourself to broaden your own horizons into the mix. Thank you for your post and your blogs.

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, 11 years - time sure flies, congratulations! Can you imagine next year is the last one you can use a 12 Days design to show the number of years? Or well you just keep using them as numerals and post two at a time?

Mary's Thread said...

Belated congratulations on your 11th year of blogging! I have enjoyed your blog every since I started getting into blogging. You are a really good example! Your advice for staying with it is so good. I think I was following some of those ideas without really meaning to and that has helped me keep going a while now too. Bonne Continuation! As they say in France and I wish we had a good English way to say that! Carry On! :)

Astrids dragon said...

Wow, look at you! You know how to make blogging fun. Thank you for sticking with it and keeping us engaged in your stitching and joining in on the hops!
Great progress on your stitching, you know I really love seeing your Halloween at HRH come together. Once again, it really should be an incentive to start mine.