Translate

Sunday 24 April 2022

April WIPocalypse Shopping for Stash

      WIPocalypse

WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings


Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.  Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "22 in '22" for this year.  Since my last post I stitched on 4 of them and had 1 "block" finishes.  

2. Kustom Krafts Little Snapdragon
stitched on 32 count Murano in Evening Sky from Crafty Kitten


5. Carriage House Samplings Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow

stitched over 1 on 25 count Cassia Rose evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy


17. Jardin Prive 12 Days of Christmas

stitched on 32 count Millenium Blue linen

18. Nora Corbett Virgo
stitched on 32 count Murano in Virgo from Sparklies



The full list can be seen here - WIPocalypse and 22 in 22


Finally, Measi always gives us a topic to discuss too.

April – What is your favourite store (either online or bricks and mortar) to purchase your supplies?

I use a mixture of online stores trying to use places run by enthusiasts.  Lakeside Needlecraft is one of the first places I look, Kate is very helpful.  If she hasn't got what I need then Peakside or Patchwork Rabbit are the next ports of call.   For hand-dyed fabrics, it's Sparklies or Chromatic Alchemy.   There is a small needlework shop about 10 miles away who supplies me with the latest Just Nan designs.  

Two places I will never shop - Hobbycraft and Amazon.



6 comments:

diamondc said...

Hi Jo: That dragon is beautiful, the fabric is perfect.
All your projects are great, love the 12 days you are stitching.
I do not shop Amazon for any needlework projects.

Catherine

butterfly said...

Jo you have some fantastic projects , going on.
Yes I also use many of the same shops .
Have a fun week .

Mary said...

I just love the Jan Nan series and your HRH. I go to Needleworkers Delight in NJ, the amount of linen there is amazing. 2 hour ride so I only went a few times which is a good thing!!

Carol said...

Lovely progress on the dragon and HRH, Jo! You are lucky to have even a small needlework shop only 10 miles away. My nearest is over an hour and a half drive--just too far to warrant with gas prices the way they are, so I have to order everything online. Can't say that I've ever ordered needlework on Amazon, but I have ordered needlework books!

Katie said...

Great work on everything.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great stitching on your WIPocalypse projects! You got a good deal done on Virgo already.