Translate

Friday 29 April 2022

April Smalls

   

The Smalls SAL is hosted by Mary's Thread

This year my Smalls will be the Jardin Prive 12 Days of Christmas which I started on Boxing Day 2021 for the 12 Days of Stitchmas.


stitched on 32 count Millenium Blue Linen


Because this year is going to be a Year of Focus, I won't really have a lot of Smalls to share so I'm including some slightly larger pieces.  This is my Tiny Modernist Greenhouse:

stitched on 28 count grey-blue evenweave

Which became an FFO this month:



I now have a need for more 3D buildings and immediately started another.  This will be a Book Shop from Living on the Rainbow on Etsy:

stitched on 28 count Tan evenweave

The original is designed to be a drum shaped ornament stitched as one long piece but I am stitching four walls to make a rectangular building instead.


My final 3D piece is a Just Nan Travelling Pattern called Tea with Honey.  When constructed it makes a little tea table and you can purchase a miniature teaset to make into pins to stick on top.  Again, I am stitching it as six separate pieces to be stitched together.  I didn't have a piece of fabric big enough to stitch as one piece. 

stitched on 28 count Dusky Pink linen


I was able to start this because I completed my previous Just Nan project, the Spring SAL Sampler:

Just Nan - Lily Pond

stitched on 32 count Pale Green linen


Finally, it's nearly time for my annual Just Nan-athon!  I used this to take part in Maynia in previous years.  I stitch on a different JN Small each day.  

Here are last year's projects:

9 comments:

Vickie said...

The bookshop is going to be fantastic!

Mary's Thread said...

Thanks for joining the SAL! Your JD 12 days is a really nice series. The greenhouse is fabulous. Your finishing is perfection! Lily pond is so springy and fresh with the greens and pinks! I can't wait to see the progress on all your Nans! What a collection!

Astrids dragon said...

The 12 Days looks great, I'm looking forward to seeing them all together.
I hope you get the pins for the tea table, that will be so cute!

Pamela said...

Your greenhouse is amazing! I love it!

Elfie said...

Beautiful Smalls. The greenhouse is amazing. So cute!

Leonore Winterer said...

Love your 3D projects and can't wait to see more of them!

jocondine said...

3D stitchings are wonderful, this greenhouse is so cute, grey fabric is perfect! I check on the net the tea table, it will be fabulous too. And I love (and feel better) to see that you plan to change the design of the bookshop to make it as a building because I often have to stop myself making changes on patterns. xxx

The Crafty Princess said...

Hey stunner
I love love love your greenhouse. It's too adorable. Looking forward to the bookshop, my favourite store next to Spotlight (Ozzy craft store).
xo Alicia

Rachel said...

Lots of lovely smalls again! I like the idea of turning the bookshop drum into a square building. Any ideas how you're going to do the roof?
Looking forward to your Just Nan-athon in May. Even if these only get an outing once a year it's better than nothing! :)