Translate

Sunday 10 April 2022

Finally Fully Finishing Fun for April

   

Hosted by Rachel the Ten Hour Stitcher


This SAL is designed to motivate us all to do something with that box of Finished pieces instead of just storing them under the bed.  We will all be linking up on Rachel's blog on or after the 10th of each month (10 Hour Stitcher - 10th of the month).

There's only one finish again this month but it's a goody!  One you've all been waiting for pretty much since I started stitching it!  

Here it is in it's flat form:


Tiny Modernist 3D Greenhouse


Thanks to Sandra, I was able to adjust the gable ends so they fitted better. 


You can see they are just a little bit too short to fit the slope of the roof


One thing I love is the way you can see the corner plants on both sides


There's something lovely to see from all aspects


Each piece is mounted on thick card which has made it very sturdy when I was sewing it together


So many nice details, like the little trowel on this side


I used the ladder stitch for the first time which was very effective for a 3D project


I made a nice little video to show it off too



Now I have completed this project, I can safely say there will be more 3D buildings in the future.  The Bookstore from Living on the Rainbow will be next and I also have Just Nan's Scream House nearly ready.  There will be a whole village soon!


🐇 Good Friday - Friday 15th April 🐇

Finally, it's the last chance to sign up for the Annual Easter Treasure Hunt.    If you would like to take part this year, just leave a comment here.  The week before Easter I will send you a letter of the alphabet which will form part of the mystery phrase.  On Good Friday you will post that letter along with a photo of something seasonal that you have stitched (could be Easter or Spring or just something cheerful and sunny or floral).  We all hop around like little bunnies to find the Mystery Phrase!

Here's a link to last year's hop so you can see how it all works - Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop 2021

20 comments:

Pamela said...

This is adorable! I really like it.

butterfly said...

Oh Jo ,
Looks wonderful I love your green house .
Well done Looks just like a real one .

Clare-Aimetu said...

Huge congratulations Jo it's a super finish. Your stitching is beautiful.

I think I already said yes please to the Easter Hop but if not please add my name, thanks.

Vickie said...

This is fabulous! So very pretty. The book store is perfect for your next project. :)

Heritage Hall said...

What a proud achievement.... just a delightful to view... You
make it sound so doable...

Claudette497 said...

Wow that looks amazing! I've never dared to make a 3D project but I do admire you for going for it - it looks great!

Carol said...

Just adorable, Jo! I am so impressed as it looks perfect--not wonky or wobbly looking at all. Well done, you! ☻

Sandra said...

Well done on a perfect finish, I shall have to pick mine up again and see what I can do with it. I used to have a dolls house, so I love small 3D objects. Look forward to seeing what else you do. If you Google that sort of thing you will find loads of inspiration.

Katie said...

Ohhhh I love it!!! How fun!

diamondc said...

JO: Happy Easter: Your finish looks perfect; I am so looking forward to seeing the other buildings finished and sitting together.

Catherine

Gwen said...

You did a wonderful job with your greenhouse. Now that you have finished that the others will be lot easier to finish. Yeah!

RONI said...

Oh yes, I do love this one. It's turned out perfectly!

Sheryl said...

What a gorgeous finish, beautiful project and so nicely put together - perfect.

cécilelabrodeuse said...

oh comme c'est beau et joliment fait ..... comme j'aimerais la faire aussi cette petite serre. BRAVO à vous c'est une réussite ♥

Leonore Winterer said...

Oooh that looks so good, you can be proud of this one! Now I want to stitch 3d buildings too...

Suzanne H said...

Wow!! This is beautiful!!! So much work and it came out so lovely.

JustGail said...

Well done on the greenhouse! It's gorgeous.

It's not easy to get those panels cut to come together right. I just finished a Halloween theme stitching set, and getting that casket together was "interesting", and a learning experience. :-)
I'm curious - after folding the linen over the card, did you glue or lace the linen in place?

Astrids dragon said...

A truly fabulous finish, it looks so beautiful!
I think I have a 3D building pattern somewhere, but I can't remember what it's of... another incentive!

The Crafty Princess said...

Hi Stunner,
Wow that looks amazing. It's a great idea for a SAL, unfortunately I haven't finished a stitch yet that requires framing or finishing touches ha ha.
xo Alicia

Rachel said...

This little greenhouse has to be one of the best entries ever into the FFG SAL, not that it's a competition! Now you've said you're going to make more I'll be keeping a keen eye open for them. Congrats on your stunning work! :)