Translate

Saturday 5 June 2021

The People Chose Butterflies

This SAL is all about what you want to see on the blog. Each month I ask for suggestions for themes and then put them up to the members of the IHSW Group on FB to vote for their choice. This is what they have chosen:

June - Butterflies
July - Houses
August - Books

Butterflies is a lovely topic for the summer months.  Who doesn't love a butterfly, surely the prettiest insect?

Joan Elliott certainly likes them and I stitched part of her Butterfly Fairy for a Round Robin back in 2012:


I also added some of her butterflies to the centre of my Faces SAL:


I stitched them over 1 so they would fit in the centre block.  I will add some beads when I finish the blocks on either side.

As you might suspect, rather a lot of my Just Nan's feature butterflies too!  Some in the title and some just have butterfly charms added:

Butterfly Bouquet

Butterfly Rose

Butterfly Lace

Dragonfly Summer with added Butterfly!

Painted Lady (a type of butterfly)

Butterfly Welcome


Butterfly Needlework Book




The magazines like to include butterflies in their cover kits:

Cross Stitcher issue 237

World of Cross Stitching issue 175


Cross Stitcher issue 356

A close friend of mine used butterflies as part of her wedding theme, so I had to include one in the sampler I made for her:



Now it's over to you. All you have to do is make a post on the theme of Butterflies, mention The People's Choice SAL (you can copy the picture I used at the top of this post and in my side bar) and my blog. Please link up using the URL of the actual blog post, not the home page of your blog. I look forward to seeing what you all post.


*

*


Finally, we have remember our dear blogging friend June, AKA Butterfly Wings.  A fantastic stitcher, a good friend to us all and the owner of the most beautiful garden too.  A little butterfly also told me she is celebrating a Birthday this month!  So Happy Butterfly June to June Butterfly!

🦋








14 comments:

Sheryl said...

Beautiful selection of butterflies Jo. I love the butterfly fairy design and the vibrant colours of the World of Cross Stitching pattern, such a pretty finish. I have hardly ever stitched butterflies and have a very poor show :-((

Shami Immanuel said...

Butterflies are lovely particularly the first one in Joan Elliot’s piece.

jocondine said...

Lovely show, I love the CS 237 with a kind of stained glass look and WOS 175, interesting angle 3D very realistic. xxx

Pamela said...

You have a wonderful collection of butterflies!

butterfly said...

What great stitching Jo and you have some beautiful butterfly stitching.
Thank you for my Birthday wishes .
Have a lovely Sunday.

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

One of my mother's favourite things, glad I could join in with this one.

Carol said...

Such pretty butterfly stitching, Jo! I especially love the collage of stitching that you made for your friend's wedding--what a unique and lovely gift. I'm sure it was a favorite gift! ♥

Beth in IL said...

It is the strangest thing! I don't have any stitched butterflies. But thank you for sharing all of yours.

Ann C. said...

Beautiful collection of butterflies!

Marcy said...

Such a lovely garden full of butterflies

Susan said...

Love all your butterflies. Although I've never stitched one, I am very partial to the Joan Elliott piece and, of course, all the Just Nan's.

Leonore Winterer said...

Lovely collection of tiny butterflies! Just Nan seems to be quite fond of sneaking them into her designs.

Mary's Thread said...

Your butterflies are BEAUTIFUL! I had fun with this theme!

Rachel said...

Had to comment on so many lovely butterflies, especially all of the JN ones, and the ones in the centre of your Faces SAL. So pretty and delicate. :)