Translate

Friday 25 June 2021

June Smalls

    

The Smalls SAL is hosted by Mary's Thread


This year my Smalls will be the Stoney Creek 12 Days of Christmas 2019 Ornament series which I started on Boxing Day 2020 for the 12 Days of Stitchmas.

June was Six Geese A'Laying, well only one goose actually:

stitched on 32 count Lime Green evenweave


I also added the backstitch to the Five Gold Rings from last month:


I added June to my Tiny Modernist Calendar:

stitched on 32 count Summer Sky Belfast linen from Silkweavers


And celebrated the Summer Solstice with Litha from The Primitive Hare:

stitched on 35 count Cream Linen



In May I completed my Just Nan-a-thon where I stitched on a different Just Nan Small each day.  In June I continued working on the oldest one which is Pansy Basket.

I started this one in May 2018 on Day 16:


Continued in 2019:


And 2020:


And 2021:


Isn't it strange how different the fabric looks each year?  Here is the completed piece ready for FFO'ing:

stitched on 28 count Rue Green Linen

The filigree basket charm makes it a little lumpy to scrapbook so I am going to get a frame for this one.


Finally, I'm going to be taking sign-ups for my Summer Blog Hop on the same theme as last year - Stitching Friends are Friends Who Count.  Have a look at this post for last year and let me know if you'd like to take part this year.







8 comments:

Barb said...

You have lots of great smalls. I love that version of 12 Days of Christmas!

diamondc said...

Jo: it is always fun to see what you are stitching and your progress.

Catherine

Mary said...

How sweet is the goose for your 12 days of Christmas!! The basket of flowers is so pretty...such a sweet small. Have a wonderful week. Mary

Kate said...

Love your smalls, Jo, especially the goose! ^^

Mary's Thread said...

Great smalls as usual! The goose is very sweet. Of course I love your Just Nan basket. I have not seen that one before. Or maybe I have but it looked different. Yes, the light is so tricky on fabrics. It's hard to tell what color it is half the time!

butterfly said...

Love the Pansy Basket.
Well done Jo on all your wonderful stitching .

Leonore Winterer said...

Great smalls - that basket charm is so perfect! Did it come with the design, or did you get really lucky to find one that matched?

Astrids dragon said...

Always such sweet smalls, I like how the houses are coming along. Your Summer Solstice is lovely too. The Pansy Basket will look nice in a frame, even as a little pillow.
If I'm not too late, count me in for the summer hop, especially since I missed last year!