Translate

Tuesday 15 June 2021

Gifted Gorgeousness June Link-up Post

   

Welcome to the June Gifted Gorgeousness link-up.  The link-up date continues to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.

The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.


Deb sent me the charts for the Stoney Creek 2019 Ornaments which were my Stitchmas project this year. I started all 12, one per day and will be completing one per month.  June was Six Geese a Laying (OK, just one goose!).

stitched on 32 count Lime Green evenweave

I also added the backstitch to the Five Gold Rings which look so much better now:



My Chatelaine got 6 days in May, this was a gift for my Big Birthday in 2016 and many of the threads were gifts from stitchy friends. It's a great way to kit up a Chatelaine with the silks, ask people to donate one skein as a Birthday gift.

stitched on 32 count Cotton Clouds Belfast by Crafty Kitten

Scream House by Just Nan came up on my WIPGO board this month.  I stitched the inside walls on 28 count purple linen last year and managed to get some nice grey 28 count Linen to do the outside walls.
The Linen was rather creased along the fold lines so I damped it and ironed it as I usually do. Fortunately I measured the top row next to the top row on the inside walls before going any further.
Just damping it has made it shrink to 30 count!  For a sampler this wouldn't matter much but for this project size if vital.

Luckily for me, I had cut the fabric to size and had a slightly small piece which hadn't been wet.  That is still 28 count, yes I have checked it in several places!   The walls and roof pieces will fit but I may have to use a different piece for the floor which won't show anyway.



Now it is your turn to show us your Gifted Gorgeousness for the month.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "June Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.  And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

*

*


Finally, I'm going to be taking sign-ups for my Summer Blog Hop on the same theme as last year - Stitching Friends are Friends Who Count.  Have a look at this post for last year and let me know if you'd like to take part this year.



13 comments:

RONI said...

I'm always exhausted just looking at the extent of your WIPs!! Love how the chatelaine is coming along! Yes please for the Summer Blog Hop

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Oh my, I have never had shrinkage, that is amazing and scary at the same time. Or perhaps I have and never noticed! But then I have stitched on 18 count by measuring the material with a ruler and then been very tight to the edge (that's unusual. Not) because it was actually 16 count.

Mylene said...

Both ornaments finishes are so cute..and the Chatelaine piece is coming along great.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great gift stitching, but I can't help but think how lucky I am that I escaped that linen-resizing issue on my Zoe Box - I washed and ironed the whole thing before assembly!

Barb said...

Ii always enjoy seeing your many wonderful projects!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your Chatelaine is looking gorgeous, lovely 12 days stitching too. Thank you for hosting another great GG

jocondine said...

Those two patterns look gorgeous, the green linen is perfect, very nice finish. Please add my name for the Summer Blog Hop. xxx

DJ said...

Such beautiful work! All of your pieces are beautifully stitched. Lucky you checked the fabric size for your scream house...whew!! I'm glad you're able to work with what you have to finish it. Thanks for hosting GG!

diamondc said...

Jo: So many lovely designs you are working on.

Catherine

gracie said...

Wonderful stitching as usual.

Elfie said...

Beautiful stitching, as usual. I always enjoy seeing your many and varied projects. Backstitching the 5 rings was well worth the effort. It looked nice before, but now it really glows.

Carol said...

Love that goose and the backstitching on the five rings really finishes it up beautifully, Jo! Your Chatelaine is looking stunning--really special :) Have a wonderful week ahead ♥

BeingBored89 said...

Everything looks lovely as always!