Translate

Thursday 10 June 2021

Finally Fully Finishing Fun for June

     

Hosted by Rachel the Ten Hour Stitcher


This SAL is designed to motivate us all to do something with that box of Finished pieces instead of just storing them under the bed.  We will all be linking up on Rachel's blog on or after the 10th of each month (10 Hour Stitcher - 10th of the month).

It's been a framing festival this last month.

First of all, a professional frame job.  I wanted Snowfire Christmas by Just Nan to coordinate with another sampler I had in my collection so I took the original to my framer and asked her to match it.  



Here's the other sampler for reference:

Elizabeth Designs - Joyeous Noel

To make up for the expense, the next two are charity shop frames!

Just Nan - Morning Meadow
A 2020 finish

One of the members of the JN FB group always stitches the name of the sampler at the bottom and I thought this was a brilliant idea and will do it from now on.

This is a recent finish and FFO'd within the same month too!

Just Nan - Nan's Garden

In the JN FB group we have started choosing a sampler to SAL every two-three months.  Nan's Garden was the choice for Spring and we allowed ourselves two months to stitch it, a band or two each week,

Here are some close ups of the bands:


I managed to get a copy of the chart which included the embellishment pack and the cute frog charm


The chart also came with a Just Nan charm which I fitted inbetween the hedgehogs.


The fabric is actually a nice reed green 28 count linen which is very hard to photograph.  There is so much natural light at the moment everything is bleached out.

Our current sampler is Follow the Needle and I have stitched Band 1 so far:

stitched on 28 count Lilac Brittney evenweave



Finally, I'm going to be taking sign-ups for my Summer Blog Hop on the same theme as last year - Stitching Friends are Friends Who Count.  Have a look at this post for last year and let me know if you'd like to take part this year.








12 comments:

Susan said...

Love all your Just Nans. I've done some of those but mostly they're in my stash waiting for me to finish all this baby stitching. Your charity shops have a much nicer selection of frames than the ones I go to. Although that may have changed as they said they were overrun with donations. I really like the idea of putting the sampler name on it - not sure why I never thought of it.

BeingBored89 said...

These are all beautiful! I really like the colors of both the original and new Christmas samplers. I look forward to seeing how the new JN sampler turns out!

Barb said...

Everything is so pretty. The frames go wonderful with all the stitched pieces. The Christmas ones were well worth the money to have them match!!

diamondc said...

Jo: The design is beautiful, nice framing, it is wonderful you were able to have the framer do a frame to go with
Joyous Noel, they will look beautiful hanging together.
love the floral frame on the Morning Meadow.
On Nan's garden, it seems you have a gift for finding the perfect frames, the frog charm is so cute.
Nice start on Lilac Brittney.

Catherine

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

I am much better at adding to the unfinished collection than I am to sorting them out into frames or other finishes. I would be delighted to participate in the Summer hop again this year.

Suzanne H said...

Beautiful frames for all three. Your Christmas stitching will be lovely together and those thrift shop frames - fabulous. Lovely stitching and finishing!

mylene said...

All are beautifully framed👍❤. Good start on your new sampler.

Shami Immanuel said...

All the pieces are lovely frames. It adds more beauty to the cross stitch pieces.

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, great framing! I love the framing on Snowfire Christmas, very elegant. And how pretty is that frame you found for Morning Meadow! I'm still not done with Nan's Garden so haven't started Follow the Needle yet, but as I don't have any Halloween Nan's I'll have time to catch up then.
Did I sign up for the summer SAL already? If not, count me in!

Mary's Thread said...

What spectacular finishes! I love them all!

Sheryl said...

Gorgeous stitching Jo, what lovely designs and frames also. I like the charity shop frames.

Rachel said...

Thank you for taking part in June's FFG SAL with some more lovely framing. You seem to be very fortunate with your charity shop finds! :)