Translate

Monday 10 August 2020

Fully Finishing Fun for August

FFG SAL - 10th of each month
Hosted by Rachel the Ten Hour Stitcher

This SAL is designed to motivate us all to do something with that box of Finished pieces instead of just storing them under the bed.  We will all be linking up on Rachel's blog on or after the 10th of each month (10 Hour Stitcher - 10th of the month).

I haven't got anything as fancy as last month's finish but there are more FFO'd items this month.  It's been really hot here so obviously the perfect time to FFO some Christmas designs.

The first up was a finish this month too.  I completed the stitching in July but only got a chance to add the beads and charm this month.  This is Just Nan's Holly Noel:

stitched on 28 count beige evenweave

I didn't have the holly charm so I used a little candy cane instead


and scrapbooked it:


It's a biggish piece so it got a page to itself.

Next up were three Dragon Dreams designs all completed last year for the Christmas Ornament SAL:

Never Too Big To Believe
from the 2004 Just Cross Stitch Ornament Special
stitched on 32 count green linen

scrapbooked with Not a Creature Was Stirring from the 2001 issue:




Peace on Earth
from the 2002 Just Cross Stitch Ornament Special
stitched on 32 count dark green linen

You are my Gift
from the 2010 Just Cross Stitch Ornament Special
stitched on 32 count dark green linen

scrapbooked together:


I decided to mount You Are My Gift as a gift tag style with a nice piece of ribbon.  You may have noticed I changed the words on Peace on Earth to Peace & Harmony.  Anyone whose child likes Peppa Pig will recognise the song those words come from!


I would have had a framed piece as well but I didn't have the right frame in my stash so that will have to wait.


Finally, we had the Summer Blog Hop at the weekend.  Thanks to everyone who took part and to all those who hopped around and discovered the Stitching Friends.  It worked really well and I will definitely be doing it again next Summer. 






18 comments:

Lauriejo said...

Lovely finishes! I never thought of scrapbooking my smalls. I will definitely be stealing that idea . . . when I find them.

Cathy said...

I really like your scrapbook pages.

butterfly said...

Lovely Just Nan stitching so pretty Jo.
My GGSs would love the other stitches .
Yes it is to hot at the moment to stitch ,so I am sorting out my winter stitching.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Lovely scrapbooking finishes, Jo.

Linda said...

Love all of your great finishes Jo.

Linda

Katie said...

Fantastic finishes. Love them all.

Rhona said...

Your scrapbook finishing is such a great way to finish your stitching....love them!

Sheryl said...

You managed to get various pieces of work completely finished. What a good idea about a scrapbook and I love those little beads and charms added to the first design, they make all the difference.

Barb said...

Noel looks beautiful. I just love the way you scrapbook the smalls!

Christine said...

Great finishes, I love the Holly Noel

Mary said...

The Just Nan is so pretty! The dragon stitches are too cute!! Do you decorate your tree with stitches? I was wondering if you would use these dragons on your tree.

Suzanne H said...

I love the Dragon Dreams. They are always so cute and I love how you make them into scrapbook pages. Wonderful finishes this month.

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

I like that I was in at the inauguration of a new type of hop.

Gwen said...

Great projects. Noel is my fave!

Astrids dragon said...

OMGoodness, so many stunning dragons, I love them all! Is it a special scrapbook just for dragons? That would be perfect.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great scrapbooking! I need to check, but I think I have a couple of the dragon patterns too.

Mary's Thread said...

I LOVE that Noel, and your dragons are super cute! What great finishes!

Rachel said...

I haven't yet said thank you for your participation in August, so thank you!
Holly Noel has to be one of my favourite Just Nan smalls, I think. And of course, who can fail to love the dragons. Great finishing. :)