Translate

Wednesday 19 August 2020

August TUSAL


It's TUSAL time!

Here is my TUSAL jar with my current project:


You would not believe how long those lines take!  Rather than stitch them in backstitch I decided to do one long stitch and then couch it down with the same colour.

I started off using the same length of thread for both laying down the line and then couching it but that was so difficult to get the tension right and the lines were wobbly.

So then I threaded two needles, one for laying down the line and the other for couching it down.  That works much better but is time consuming.  Added to the fact that this area of the chart covers about 10 pages so you are constantly flipping from one to the other.

But we are getting there!

In the evenings I have been working on the Alice freebie as my bath-time stitching:

stitched on 28 count linen from a Crafty Kitten grab bag

I have completed all the medium blue and have started on the lighter blue.  This is a fun stitch and grows quite quickly.  

Another Alice design - the Amanda Butler SAL from Cross Stitcher magazine.


This month's block is the Duchess:


She didn't take long at all so I spent the third day working on the vines:

stitched on 32 count yellow linen

I backstitched the watch in gold too:



Finally, it's going to be International Hermit & Stitch this weekend.  We have an influx of new members thanks to a shoutout from a FlossTuber so I am going to return the favour.  Check out Tranquil Stitches.  She had over 100 videos so I won't be watching all of them to catch-up but she does Dark October Hallowe'en stitching so that is a must-watch at least.





14 comments:

Vickie said...

The Alice freebie is truly darling!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

They might be slow but you have stitched quite a few lines since your last photo of DiscWorlde. Thanks for the link to the freebie Alice, I know a girl who will love it stitched for her. Your Alice sampler is looking good.

Katie said...

Fantastic stitching on everything.

Barb said...

Both Alice designs are great. I love all the interest in the border on the big design.

Charlotte (MotherOwl) said...

I think your stitching is beyond impressing!

Mary said...

I certainly can believe how much stitching is involved in those lines. Couching them was a great idea. Your Alice designs are great, those must be long baths your children take with all that you accomplish during bath time!

DJ said...

Your Alice in Wonderland stitching is looking beautiful! I love all the little characters too...such a fun piece! Your stitching on Discworld looks fabulous too...great idea to couch the long lines!! It's always fun visiting your blog!

Mary's Thread said...

OH my, LOVE that Alice freebie. It's super sweet! You are making such good progress!

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful progress and thank you for the link, that is a great Alice pattern.

Christine said...

Looking good! I'm still on painting the roses!

Sheryl said...

Both these designs are lovely. The Alice freebie looks nearly finished and the Amanda SAL has such lovely little details and lots of colour changes.

Astrids dragon said...

Oh my, that's a lot of work but I think it will look much better than just backstitching!
Alice is looking so sweet, and I love the Alice SAL. I do have the magazines for that one and I'd like to think I'll stitch it one of these days.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress on the mappe, those long lines look marvelous! And lovely progress on the two Alice pieces, as well.

Rachel said...

Great work on your Alices. The little bit of bling on the watch is perfect.
I was wondering how you were going to do the lines on the Discworld Mappe, as I had a similar choice with the Hogwarts bottle. Glad you've found a workable solution. :)