Translate

Saturday 15 August 2020

August Gifted Gorgeousness Link-up Post



Welcome to the August Gifted Gorgeousness link-up.  The link-up date continues to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.

The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.

My main project for Gifted Gorgeousness has been my Discworld Mappe by Lyndisfarne Designs, which will be a gift for my son.  I completed all the cross stitch in July and started some of the longitude and latitude lines today:


stitched on 32 count Murano custom-dyed by Sparklies

I changed technique for the lower four lines and they look much better.  It's really hard to keep the lines taut.  This is one time where a frame might be useful!

I finished my Just Nan design, Holly Noel, which was a gift from Brenda:

stitched on 28 count Beige evenweave

And FFO'd it too!


At the end of July I worked on my Joan Elliott Faces SAL piece, the fabric for this was a gift from Dawn of Crafty Kitten.  I did a few days this month because I really wanted this block DONE.  The skin took sooooo long but was worth it in the end:


I used 00557 for the beads within the figure and 40557 (the petite version) for the background.


Close-up of her lovely over one skin:


The whole piece so far:

stitched on 28 count Jazlyn in Snapdragon by Crafty Kitten

The final gifted project for this month is the 12 Days of Christmas by JBW.  Two of my friends bought two charts each for my Christmas present.  I started one design per day for the 12 Days of Stitchmas and have almost completed the Eighth Day: 

stitched on 40 count white linen, 1 over 2

Last month I showed a photo of the Birthday Countdown Box I had made for a friend.  She loved every day and took a photo of everything on the final day:



The gifts are a mixture of things I have bought (e.g. some GAST threads), things from my stash (e.g. charms) and things I have made (e.g. scissor fob) as well as some hand painted aida.  I discovered that diluted acrylic paint is great for painting aida.  If it's too bright - just give it a tea bath!


Now it is your turn to show us your Gifted Gorgeousness for the month.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "August Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.  And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

*

*


Finally, I have been stitching away on my Summer Sampler SAL with Leonore.  I completed another two bands last week and this is where we are now on Just Nan's Morning Meadow:

stitched on 32 count pale green linen









14 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your Just Nan is lovely Jo great finish. I love your Faces SAL.

DJ said...

Gorgeous stitching, as always! I love your Just Nan sampler, those bunnies are just too cute! I just joined Joan Elliott's Facebook page, her designs are just lovely! I hadn't seen this SAL before, it's beautiful! Holly Noel is gorgeous!! But Discworld just blows my mind! I can feel the end is near, I'm excited for you...as someone who has watched this materialize before my eyes, I'm in awe of all the detail and your precise stitching! I know your son will appreciate all the hard work involved. He's a lucky guy!! Thanks again for hosting GG!!

Christine said...

The over one stitching on that face is just gorgeous

Elfie said...

Wow - great progress on your son's Mappe. And all your other projects too.

diamondc said...

Jo: Oh my goodness you have been busy.
Your Mappe is wonderful, I am looking forward to seeing the full picture when finished.
Your Noel is very pretty.
Faces is an amazing design.
Eight Maids A Milking is so sweet.
What a fun gift box you sent to your friend.
I love the grasshoppers on your Just nan design.
Have a lovely week.

Catherine

Katie said...

Lovely stitching. The Joan Elliott face is just beautiful. I love how delicate over one stitching is. Just perfect. Noel looks great so does the mappe of course. The gift you made for your friend is too cool. How fun to open each day.

Astrids dragon said...

So many beautifully stitched pieces. Your Holly Noel finish looks great and the JE face is amazing. I know stitching over one for skin is a pain, but sooo worth it! Cute little cow, that will be a sweet set.
What a lovely gift you gave your friend, I sure she enjoyed every single day.

beadgirl said...

What a lucky friend to receive that!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

More lovely stitching, Jo. Your Just Nan sampler is progressing quite quickly.

Sheryl said...

Lovely stitching here Jo, I love the beautiful Faces piece and the Summer Sampler with lots of interesting patterns. The map is coming along really well and looking great.

Bethan said...

Your faces SAL is stunning - the skin is so neat! Discworld is creeping ever closer; it's so exciting! x

jocondine said...

So many gorgeous stitchings, Joan Elliott faces look so great, the map will be amazing and Noël is a very nice finish. xxx

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress! Those long lines on the Mappe look awesome, and the Faces SAL is just gorgeous. How many more panels are there?
Love your progress on Morning Meadow too! Didn't you say you wanted to switch the grasshoppers/crickets out for something?

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful work on Faces, and wow! Even more backstitch on Discworld? My goodness.. It does look amazing.