Translate

Monday 24 August 2020

August IHSW



IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.

I have been focusing on my Discworld Mappe this weekend, adding the Longitude and Latitude line which is extremely tedious and leads to much procraftination - doing anything to avoid stitching those lines!


stitched on 32 count Murano custom-dyed by Sparklies


So what was I procraftinating with?  I did some FFO'ing which I will show on the 10th for Rachel's FFO Gallery.  I also did some tidying-up on my Happy Dance blog, added a few photos there.  And started writing my "21 in '21" list too!

This one is my current Just Nan small, Jasmine Mix.  There are 17 different colours in this piece just 49 x 49 stitches!  I still have to add two shades of yellow, some pink and quite a lot of white.  And beads!

stitched on 32 count Vintage Country Mocha

I reached the final row of Just Nan's Morning Meadow, my Summer Sampler SAL with Leonore.  This is a pretty motif and once it is done I only have to add beads.

stitched on 32 count pale green linen

I'm doing very well with my bath-time stitching so I will only show this portion of her face.  It's amazing how a few stitches in just three colours can be so effective.

stitched on 28 count linen from a Crafty Kitten grab bag.


Finally, the next IHSW will be 18th-20th September so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook.  If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here by leaving a comment on my post.






13 comments:

Robin said...

That little face on your bath time stitching is so adorable.

Barb said...

Discworld Mappe is really coming along. So is the face of Alice!

butterfly said...

How sweet is Bath Time .
All your stitching is looking wonderful Jo.
Enjoy your new week .
We are having more storms today not nice we are not that far from the coast so the wind is bad.

Linda said...

Awesome progress Jo. Love the face.

Linda

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

It never ceases to amaze me how many colours there can be in a small Just Nan design.
You're making good progress on the latitude and longitude lines on DiscWorlde.

Tiffstitch said...

Wow, this is so cool. These are all looking great!

Christine said...

The Alice in blue is sop effective

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything. I didn't find any time. There is always next month....hopefully.

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Shucks forgot again...now my BFF is connecting with the blog world I will just have to get her to remind me, she is much better at remembering dates than I am.

Sheryl said...

Lovely work Jo, love to see how the Discworld Mappe is growing and the nearly finished Jasmine Mix.

Carol said...

Discworld is looking fabulous, Jo, but I can imagine how tedious stitching those lines would be! Love your word "procraftination!" I sure have had that big time since I retired. Was much more productive when I worked :) Enjoy this last bit of August! ♥

Astrids dragon said...

Keep on stitching those lines, you're so close!
Your Jasmine Mix looks lovely, such beautiful colours.
Bath time stitching is working for you, Alice is looking great.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great stitching! Those long lines look great. I still need to pick beads too, hopefully I'll get to around to doing so next week.