Translate

Saturday 6 June 2020

The People Chose Dragonflies


This SAL is all about what you want to see on the blog.  Each month I ask for suggestions for themes and then put them up to the members of the IHSW Group on FB to vote for their choice.  This is what they have chosen:

June - Dragonflies
July - The Designer You Have Stitched the Most
August - Freedom

Usually when I start typing one of these posts, I put the key word into the search box and find some relevant posts on my blog.  I found hundreds for Dragonflies and then realised why:


The lovely Gracie has a blog with the word "Dragonflies" in the title!  So do pop over and visit her today to be in keeping with the theme.

So I tried the singular "Dragonfly" and this lovely project came up:


Dragonfly Summer by Just Nan

Unfortunately, I did not have a dragonfly charm so I replaced it with a butterfly.

Scrapbooked with Butterfly Lace:


Just Nan have two more Dragonfly themed projects which I don't have:

Gilden Dragonfly Scissor Purse - Limited Edition from 2008

Miss Kitty's Dragons

I do have this design in my magazine stash: 

Joan Elliott's Dragonfly Fairy

She was part of the Garden Fairies series which also included Ladybird Fairy, Lavender Fairy, Butterfly Fairy,  Sweetpea Fairy and Snowdrop Fairy

Now it's over to you.  All you have to do is make a post on the theme of Dragonflies, mention The People's Choice SAL (you can copy the picture I used at the top of this post and in my side bar) and my blog. Please link up using the URL of the actual blog post, not the home page of your blog. I look forward to seeing what you all post.


*


*

Next month is going to be a little bit different.  I realised that The People's Choice in July is going to be a special numbered post for me, so I thought we should do something special!  The theme is going to be

"The Designer You Have Stitched the Most"


Which may or may not be your favourite designer!  Have a look through your WIPs and finishes and find out whose work you turn to more than any other designer.  Should be interesting reading and a theme everyone can take part in too.


Finally, I need your suggestions for the next poll. Any thing, no matter how obscure, weird or random will go into the poll. Keep the theme suggestions to a single word or two - so you could have Cats, or Blue, or Holidays, or Warmth etc. Really anything which could be illustrated in cross stitch.


Looking forward to reading them all!





17 comments:

Pamela said...

I do like dragonflies! I have stitched Miss Kitties Dragons, but I don't know if I still have the chart. I made mine into a little needle holder. If I can find it, I will email you. Thank you for hosting this SA!

Rachel said...

If this Dragonflies post included anything it had to be a Just Nan! What a shame you couldn't find a dragonfly charm though. I expect you'll find one one day.
Thanks for hosting. Hmmm, I wonder which designer will feature in your special post next month>!!! :)

butterfly said...

I love butterflies and dragon flies .
Stitching is lovely and the ones yet to do.
Enjoy a great day , hugs.

jocondine said...

Dragonflies are a great theme, can't believe I haven't already stitched one! That steampunk chart I posted is very tempting! Thanks to Gracie, of course, who introduced me to so many friends with the Valentine blog hop link! xxx

Mary said...

I haven't stitched dragonflies but have made cards with them as the subject. The Just Nan scissor case is very sweet, you need to get that! Your projects are lovely as always!!

Ann C. said...

I like the Dragonfly Summer by Just Nan. Joan Elliott’s Dragonfly Fairy is very pretty.

diamondc said...

Hi Jo: I have never stitched a dragon fly, but hope to find a few on the Pinterest site to post.
All your dragonflies are lovely.
I do believe I have a couple of dragon flies in my stash if you would like them please email me.

Catherine

diamondc said...

Jo: I forgot to mention how about snow for a theme, just a suggestion.

Catherine

Julie said...

The scissor purse is stunning.

Mini said...

The scissor purse and Miss Kitty design is beautiful. Just Nan's finished by you are lovely.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Those are beautiful designs Jo, dragonflies are do delicate aren't they. We sometimes have one around the pond. My idea for a theme is numbers ... I'll be adding another one on in September hee hee

Carol said...

Dragonflies are fascinating and you sure have stitched some beauties, Jo! I think you may just be the queen of Just Nan stitching and I’m betting she is the designer you have stitched the most :)

Barb said...

What lovely dragonfly designs. The dragonfly is the state insect of Washington!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I have a couple of Dragonfly projects and some beautiful fabric which are 'safely' stored on a shelf. Something else to get around to ... someday.
Two pretty scrapbook finishes.

Christine said...

Oh I do like that scissor pouch!

Bethan said...

Oh that garden fairy is so lovely! x

Leonore Winterer said...

There are so many pretty dragonfly charts, but precious few of us seem to actually have stitched one!