Translate

Sunday 28 June 2020

June WIPocalypse Half Year Recap

WIPocalypse
WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings

Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.

Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "20 in '20" for this year.  This month I stitched on all of the active ones thanks to The Longest Day Marathon.  I also managed to finish 2 of them.



Ernie Bishop - NOEL Letters
(Project 1)



Joan Elliott - Faces
(Project 2)


Brooke's Books - Stitcher's Alphabet
(Project 3 - a Finish)


Chatelaine - Gardens of London
(Project 4)

Lyndisfarne - Discworld Map
(Project 5)


Nora Corbett - Gathering Eggs
(Project 6)


Mrs Peggotty - Queen of Hearts
(Project 7)



JBW - 12 Days of Christmas
(Project 10 - Book 2 finish)


Amanda Butler - Alice in Wonderland SAL in Cross Stitcher magazine
(Project 17)



Finally, Measi always gives us a topic to discuss:

June  – Half-year recap: How are you doing with your goals so far this year?
I am doing very well so far thanks to The Art of Setting Achievable Goals!  Out of my 20 WIPocalypse projects I have completed 8 so far this year with another 6 on target for completion by the end of the year.  The rest are up for debate at the moment but hopefully some will get done.

Here is my current WIP list in total  I started the year with 15 WIPs.  The first column of numbers shows the year they were started.  The second column is how many I have now.  I have also started 18 projects this year and completed 15 of them.  The remaining three will all be completed this year.  My goal is not to start anything which doesn't have a finishing deadline within the year.

Prior 2017 9 8
2017 3 3
2018 0 0
2019 3 1
New 2020 18 3
Finish 2020 18
Total of WIPs 15 15

Of course, you could add in my Just Nan smalls from Maynia but I don't count them until I pick them up to focus on.  I currently have 27 of those.




Finally, the Summer Blog Hop.  Anyone want to do a Summer Blog Hop this year?  I thought we could do a Know Your Blogging Friends Hop.  I allocate you the name of a fellow blogger and you make a post about them, showing something you think they would like to stitch.  Could be something you have stitched or something you found online you think they would like to stitch.

So, for example, if you got me as your Blogging Friend you would write a post about my Blog Hops and show a dragon design (or 2!).

To take part, leave a comment here.  I'll take sign-ups through to the 28th July and then allocate names with the posts going up on 8th August (It was my Nana's Birthday).









11 comments:

Beth in IL said...

Wow! You are really doing great on your WIP's. I love seeing your progress.

butterfly said...

More wonderful stitching .
Well done Jo enjoy another stitching week .

Christine said...

You've got a lot done

cheryl said...

Lots of lovely projects! Did you finish all of the Stitcher's Alphabet and make it into a book? How cute. I enjoy watching your progress.

Linda said...

Congrats on working on so many projects and finishes this month Jo.

Linda

Mini said...

You are cruising along with your goals. How come you didn't start anything in 2018?

Tiffstitch said...

Excellent to get a couple finishes in there and nice to see everything again.

Katie said...

Great work on your WIPs!! I agree with you making achievable goals is so important. With everything going on please leave me out of the blog hop. I think it will be the first one in YEARS I've missed.

Rachel said...

Wipocalypse is definitely a good way of helping you focus on which projects you would like to finish sooner rather than later and those which will take a little longer. I like your idea of starting a project with a more specific deadline than 'one day' although am not sure it would work for me and my startitus binges! Good luck with WIPocalypse for the second half of the year. :)

Julie said...

Lots of lovely little crosses

Leonore Winterer said...

You've made great progress on your WIPocalpyse this year! I need to work on that 'setting reasonable goals' thing myself. Your new summer blog hop sounds like loads of fun, so please sign me up! :)