Translate

Monday 22 June 2020

Longest Day Marathon 2020 over IHSW

This is the fifth year I have attempted my Marathon of stitching every WIP I have.

Unfortunately, the Corona Virus has disrupted my plans like it has so many other things this year.  As I couldn't dedicate an entire day to stitching I decided to spread it over the two days of June's IHSW.

As my son was off school, the first day started much later than usual with my 20-a-Day project:

Just Nan - Spring!


I completed the birds in the nest


10.45am - Mrs Peggotty's Queen of Hearts


Finished the brown block and added some border


11.20 - Lyndisfarne Designs Discworld Mappe


Stitched the banner and some backstitch


11.55 - Nora Corbett Gathering Eggs


Stitched some of the background


12.30 - Lunch Break

13.20 - Chatelaine Gardens of London


Border on the two lower gardens


2.00 - Afternoon walk

4.00 - Kustom Krafts Little Snap Dragon


Added some blue to the back wing


16.40 - Joan Elliott Face SAL


Finished the blue ribbon and started her hair


5.40 - Tea Time

7.00 - Yiota's X Stitch Coffee Fairy


Added some more of the cup


8.00 - Scarlet Letter English Transitional Sampler


Added some Holbein Stitches


10.00 - My Fanny Quarantine House
(Bath Time stitching)


A finish!!


11.00 - and so to bed!

The next day was Sunday and also Father's Day so there was slightly less time for stitching!

But I started in the same way with my 20-a-Day on Just Nan's Spring!


Added the word "Spring!"


11.30 - Papillon Around the World in 80 Stitches


Finished the border for this part


12.30 - Lunch Break followed by Afternoon Walk

4.00 - Samplermakers Spring Sampler


Stitched on the left hand tree


5.00 - Craft Collection Art Nouveau Head


Finished the brown at the top


6.00 - Tea Time

7.00 - Ernie Bishop NOEL Letters


Started letter N


8.00 - Amanda Butler Alice in Wonderland


Added some vine and beads


9.00 - Just Nan Holly Berry Snowflakes


Added the beads


10.00 - Just Nan Holly Noel


Stitched the L


11.00 - Bed Time

And that was that.  I uploaded each photo onto the IHSW FB group throughout the weekend so people could follow along with me.

This year was different and I have to be honest  - I didn't like this way so much.  On the plus side - I did have longer to stitch on some pieces.  Everything got at least a full 30 minutes and some pieces got 45-50 minutes which was nice.

But there wasn't the same "marathon" feeling of working on EVERYTHING in one day.  I couldn't lay them all out and work my way through the pile like I usually do.  The everyday things like "doing stuff with my family" got in the way too.  And I had to forego all my email and blog reading for both days.  Hopefully next year will be back to normal!  It's a Monday in 2021.


Finally, The next IHSW will be 17th - 19th July so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook. If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here by leaving a comment on my post.



 

14 comments:

Bethan said...

I'm glad you managed to complete your marathon even with all the Covid disruption. I love seeing all the pieces you are working on; such a lovely range x

Pamela said...

Wonderful projects!

Mary said...

Congrats on having a finish!! Despite interruptions you accomplished alot! Taking all the photos in itself is a job!

Carol said...

Wow! You must be very organized to keep track to so many projects, Jo! Loved seeing your progress on each one, but especially the sweet girl in Gathering Eggs :)

Kerryp77 said...

Well done Jo! You did well over the weekend, I do love seeing your Just Nans grow. My Flosstube wrap up of my longest day should be up later today. Happy stitching.

Sheryl said...

I don´t know how you managed to do so much when daily life gets in the way. Well done on all the pretty pieces.

Susan said...

This is a make-do year and you definitely made it work. So many pretty projects.

Christine said...

You managed loads! All i got done was the little envelope motif on my Alice SAL

Linda said...

Wonderful progress Jo. You worked on alot of them.

Linda

Tiffstitch said...

You still managed it, despite the upset schedule, and well done getting through. I would love to do this some day, but it's even less likely with working every weekend currently. Although if this COVID-19 schedule continues, I will be off on Monday next year. So, it's an idea. I love seeing all your WIPs. There's so few of them. ;)

Katie said...

I'm just jealous of any stitching time haha. Beautiful work on everything.

Julie said...

You did really well

Rachel said...

Even if it didn't have quite the same feeling, I'm very impressed you still managed to stitch on everything(?) over the entire weekend, and fit all your family stuff in as well. I'd have to considerably get my WIPs down to fit them all into a weekend, but if I'm a bit more selective I may be able to join in next year as Mondays are my day off. :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh great work! I'm sorry your longest day SAL wasn't as fun as usual, but hopefully next year everything will be back to normal. You did make great progress though, and I'm looking forward to seeing which of these projects will make it into your '21 rotation ;)