Translate

Friday 26 June 2020

June Smalls

The Smalls SAL is hosted by Mary's Thread

This year my Smalls will be my JBW 12 Days of Christmas ornaments which I started on Boxing Day 2019 for the 12 Days of Stitchmas.  I completed the Sixth Day in June:


stitched on 40 count White linen, 1 over 2

I added the beads to Days 4 - 6 as well:


I completed the latest Just Nan small, this is Garden Maze:
stitched on 28 count green evenweave

Next up were the three Holly Berry Snowflakes.  I completed all the stitching and added some of the beads during my Longest Day Marathon.  I just need another hour to finish the beading off and then FFO them.

stitched on 28 count Platinum linen

The first one has all the beads added:



Then I moved on to a non-Just Nan design for one I really wanted to fit into the rotation this year.  This was one of the freebie designs released for the Be Well SAL at the beginning of the corona virus pandemic when we were all advised to stay indoors and stitch.


I love this little Quarantine House by My Fanny Designs and you can find it here on her Instagram account. She has designed a few projects in cloches and they seem perfect for people in lockdown.

stitched over 1 on 32 count lilac Murano

After that, I went back to Just Nan and the next design in the list, Holly Noel:

stitched on 28 count beige evenweave

I will continue with this one until it is done and then move on through the alphabet!


Finally, the lovely Clare from Aimetu's Stitching is asking for some help with her smalls.  Each year Clare decorates a tree for her church's Tree Festival with stitched ornaments.  I have donated ornaments in the past and this year she is asking us to join in again.  The theme is A Bouquet of Flowers.  All she needs is the stitched piece, she will fully-finish it for you.  Just leave a comment on Clare's blog to get involved.   (I include this each month as a reminder for myself!)









14 comments:

gracie said...

Your stitching is perfect...lovely. The gathering eggs is so sweet. Shhhhh..... don't tell anyone but I was on the step ladder today reorganizing my closet.

Susan said...

Well done on your finishes. I like the little Quarantine House but really love the Holly Berry Snowflakes. You always amaze me with how much you get done.

butterfly said...

Wow all your stitching on both of your posts are just beautiful.
Have a good weekend hugs.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely smalls, your snowflakes are so delicate

Christine said...

The 12 days are looking great. I really like the JN Noel as well

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the pretty finishes Jo.

Linda

Barb said...

All your smalls are so delightful. The 12 days is going to look wonderful with the other ones you have stitched.

Carol said...

These are all so tiny and delicate, Jo! Just love the 12 Days series so much--the "calling bird" is so pretty :) Enjoy this last bit of June!

Mary's Thread said...

I love ALL your smalls, Jo! Can't pick a favorite! Thanks for joining the SAL!

Tiffstitch said...

Lovely work on all the smalls!

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything!

Rachel said...

Such a lot of pretty smalls again. It's good to see you keeping up with your 2020 Christmas preparations! :)

Leonore Winterer said...

What a great collection of smalls! There are a lot of cute birds in those 12 days ornaments. And I do love the snowflakes...just looking at them cools me off a little on this hot afternoon!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A terrific selection of smalls. I really must make more of an effort to include some stitching in my days but the days just fly by.