Translate

Wednesday 10 June 2020

Finally Fully Finishing Fun for June

FFG SAL - 10th of each month
Hosted by Rachel the Ten Hour Stitcher

This SAL is designed to motivate us all to do something with that box of Finished pieces instead of just storing them under the bed.  We will all be linking up on Rachel's blog on or after the 10th of each month (10 Hour Stitcher - 10th of the month).


The first piece I fully finished was from 2018, one of my Just Nan Smalls.  Here's where you saw it last:

I knew I didn't have all the recommended charms so I used random ones from my stash:


There's a bee, butterflies, flowers and a little fairy at the very top:


The colours in this scrapbook page matched perfectly:


Then, when I was looking for something else, I found another piece from 2018:


I bought a black frame for this and painted the mount black to match.  Then I couldn't find where I had put the finish!  So I thought I'd better get this one done straight away before either element went missing again.


That's it for the FFO pieces this month but I did have a Flurry of Finishes as well.

First of all, I finished Just Nan's Garden Maze which has been my focus small from before Maynia:

stitched on 28 count green evenweave

I added one of the buttons I am going to use for Summer in the Square:


This will be scrapbooked for next month.

The next finish up was the second in the Scary Apothecary series from Hands On Design; Bitter Brew:

stitched on 28 count linen in Radioactive by Chromatic Alchemy

 I used the DMC conversion again, including a blended orange for the main cartouche:


The black is Weeks Dye Works Kohl:


And the metallics are DMC rather than the charted Kreinik:


The contents of the bottles are satin-stitched which makes them look a bit wonky!  Hopefully when I fully finish these they will straighten up a litte bit.

Finally, I finished the first shop in my CCN Main Street Spooky Conversion.  I'll save all the details for my Gifted Gorgeousness post on the 15th:

stitched on 32 count Charcoal Slate from Sparklies










16 comments:

Gwen said...

Your finishes and stitching are lovely.. The charms used make great substitutes.

butterfly said...

Love the two top finishes just perfect .
And the black frame looks stunning .
Your other stitching is all doing well and looking fab'
Enjoy each stitching moment .

Mary said...

Great finishing, I love how the birds pop on the black and the square frame is perfect. The Just Nan stitches are so pretty and the Halloween stitch is a fun stitch. I think the Spooky Conversion is fun!! Looking forward to hearing how your going about this.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great finishes, the charms are perfect. I love your Bitter Brew.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Great finishes, Jo.

Rhona said...

Wonderful finishes....they all look fantastic.

Julie said...

The charms look right at home, you wouldn't know they were not the proper ones. The scrapbooked page is lovely.
Super button too.
You certainly filled this months post with lovely things.

Barb said...

What a great job you did with all the charms. I love the Halloween designs. That green linen is perfect!

Pamela said...

Nice finishes! Good for you!

Rachel said...

Thanks for taking part. The Just Nan small is cute, and Libra really pops in its black frame.
Your other finishes are lovely too. I quite like the wonky bottles on Bitter Brew; I wonder what concoctions are represented by the metallic colours?. :)

Sheryl said...

All very different stitched pieces. How lovely the Just Nan´s design and what a difference the charms make - I also love how you added a perfect black frame to that colourful embroidery, all great stitching Jo.

Christine said...

The spooky finishes are great,and I love the Libra design on the black in its black frame

Annie said...

So many lovely projects! Your finishes are stunning.

Mini said...

I love the charms you have used in the scrap book finish of Just Nan.
Isn't Garden Maze the pattern I sent you in the exchange?
I like how you use varying fabric colors in your project.
I'm not creative enough(read brave enough) to visualize fabric color changes.

Mary's Thread said...

Beautiful finishes this month! You always find the most perfectly coordinating scrapbook paper for your Nans! And the black frame on the Satsuma is particularly striking.

Leonore Winterer said...

So much finishing and fully-finishing! The JN looks gorgeous with all the charms, and I ADORE the all-black finish for the zodiac.